Thread: Essex Done!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Essex Done!!

Coaches finally decided they had seen enough of a position flexible OL that was weak at every one.

And sage one Charlie Batch survives to serve another term....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Dale Lolley theorizes (and I agree) that Essex could be resigned after DeCastro is officially put on IR after 9/4...probably to be cut at a later time when DeCastro returns...

Legend

User Info Menu

Both needed cut.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Both needed cut.
    I thought Batch would survive, and I think it was the right move. If the Steelers need their third string qb to play this year, I'd prefer to see Batch taking the snaps to Johnson, no question.

The reports seem to indicate that Essex will be back. I'm less thrilled about that, but ultimately, I bet he sees snaps this year and doesn't hurt the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I thought Batch would survive, and I think it was the right move. If the Steelers need their third string qb to play this year, I'd prefer to see Batch taking the snaps to Johnson, no question.

The reports seem to indicate that Essex will be back. I'm less thrilled about that, but ultimately, I bet he sees snaps this year and doesn't hurt the team.
    The reality is...if Ben misses any significant time we are hosed no matter who is at QB. Ben's age will sneak up on the Steelers...he will miss time...and we will have no youth that we developed.
    Trolls are people too.