Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haley says Wallace can play week 1

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Haley says Wallace can play week 1

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Gerry Dulac

Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley believes WR Mike Wallace could be ready for Week 1 because of the nature of the position he plays. 'You're talking about a guy who's a wide receiver, a pass-catcher,' Haley said. 'It's not a running back or someone who has to be in the action of the game. I think it's feasible he's ready to go when we start this thing up.'
    IDK. He may play, but I doubt he will be 100% himself. Will they have the timing down with virtually no practice time? I think we may see some of those plays where Ben simply misses Wallace, like down the stretch last year. Hopefully, he can play his way back into prime level, but I don't think that will happen by week 1. And there is always the worry with hammies when WRs come back after missing camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

With the thin mountain air helping, Ben shouldn't underthrow Wallace at Mile High.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallace has value even if we don't throw him the ball.

And both Wallace and Brown could be dangerous with some quick WR screens.

I suspect Wallace will be a decoy early as long as teams respect him with help over the top. And he'll get a couple screens and quick outs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Wallace has value even if we don't throw him the ball.

And both Wallace and Brown could be dangerous with some quick WR screens.

I suspect Wallace will be a decoy early as long as teams respect him with help over the top. And he'll get a couple screens and quick outs.
    Knowing Ben, he will still try to air it out a few times to MW, even with virtually no practice time together. He just can't help himself, and it's so crazy, it just might work.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He will play. He may not start or play most of the game. But, certainly we will get him on the field for some fly routes.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    With the thin mountain air helping, Ben shouldn't underthrow Wallace at Mile High.
    (I was looking for your or to wrap up your post, Ruth!)

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Last night i stayed in a Holiday Inn, and I say Wallce has a 50/50 chance of playing in game 1.
    I also come from a medical family and say his chances of a pulled hammy are also 50/50
    Just saying

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Last night i stayed in a Holiday Inn, and I say Wallce has a 50/50 chance of playing in game 1.
    I also come from a medical family and say his chances of a pulled hammy are also 50/50
    Just saying
    I went to a doctor once. And I've seen both Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express commercials on tv. And I'm not sure I agree with your assessment

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Just saying
    Nice
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would so love it if the Steelers first play from scrimmage was an 80 yard TD to Wallace. Mike wouldn't have to do anything else of substance for 3-4 more games because opponents would be doing everything they could to take the top off.