Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Hightower

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tim Hightower

I am not usually one of those "Claim we should sign every single free agent that gets cut" and I find those dudes kind of annoying, always saying we should pick up every free agent ever mentioned, even when they are obviously not a fit. Like, "Let's sign TO" when Pgh is the most anti-TO type of team of all time.

But, in this case, I SEE a fit. Skins just cut Hightower. He's a decent, pretty solid back. We are thin at back, being that we have NO ONE healthy who has EVER proven they can play a full load week to week. As discussed, ad nauseum, Redman is a weekly injury waiting to happen, and JD seems to "tap out" very quickly up to this point. That leaves us with a 3rd down back with Rainey, and a total unproven Batch. Hightower would be excellent insurance at running back. No, he is not a future hall of famer, but he is solid. He will never be a top 5 or 10 back, but he would do plenty good enough if we needed him, and he is pretty proven to stay healthy from what I recall.

Pick up Hightower. He would come cheap. Other wise, if we rely on IR and JD only, we could be in deep trouble. I love JD's skill, but I admit he is unproven, as far as being able to touch the rock 25 times a game. I have no idea if he will hold up. I know Hightower can. He runs pretty hard and has some quicks to him. A lot more than IR, any how.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendenhall is going to be in the mix sooner rather than later. If the team foresaw that he would be out for another 6 week, then he would still be on PUP but he's not...he was actually in uniform last night. I expect Mendenhall to return at some point in September, at which point our depth at RB suddenly looks pretty solid overall.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Mendenhall is going to be in the mix sooner rather than later. If the team foresaw that he would be out for another 6 week, then he would still be on PUP but he's not...he was actually in uniform last night. I expect Mendenhall to return at some point in September, at which point our depth at RB suddenly looks pretty solid overall.
    I would be fairly surprised if RM was productive by Sept. That seems pretty quick to recover from an ACL. Maybe there have been advances in technology or something. RM ran like a wussy before his injury. What can we expect of him after a serious knee injury? Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, but I have a hard time believing RM will be productive so soon.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hightower is also coming back from ACL repair surgery...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Dale Lolley thinks that Dwyer may get the start in Denver, giving 3rd down and short yardage roles to Redman...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Dale Lolley thinks that Dwyer may get the start in Denver, giving 3rd down and short yardage roles to Redman...
    Then we have a chance. Still don't know if we can pull off a W, but if JD gets enough touches, we have a shot

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Then we have a chance. Still don't know if we can pull off a W, but if JD gets enough touches, we have a shot
    Redman tore them up for 120 yards...

If the Steelers play defense, we have a shot...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hightower is not an option, he just isn't fully recovered.

As for Dwyer taking over...really? Redman proved himself in games to get his shot & JD will get more playing time than he deserved before - this is wishful thinking by Lolley.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Redman tore them up for 120 yards...

If the Steelers play defense, we have a shot...
    Exactly...we will score. This is going to be about stopping Manning.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I also think that denver's d line went backwards this year. Let's hope Redman and Dwyer tear them up.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]