Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tim Hightower

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Totally agree. That and the fact that he never breaks that last tackle to take it to the house is frustrating. I have tried to give RM every chance but there is just something missing with this guy. It's like he plays smaller than he is. I don't think he likes the physicality of the NFL. He never has.
    This part really gets me. It seems that he can't break even the first one. I agree that something is just missing with him, but I hope it gets coached out of him.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Dwyer earned it and is the more complete RB
    TBH, neither has shown the urgency that you wish you'd see from two young backs given the opportunity to land a job. Dwyer has done some good things, no doubt. But frankly, both have disappointed (what with getting hurt, missing time, etc.) in terms of showing how much they want the job. If I go strictly by this preseason, I'd say Dwyer showed more urgency. But he hasn't exactly shown an Emmitt Smith-like drive. Redman is/was my favorite coming in, and I'd lean still in his favor just because that. But he's let me down this preseason with his apparent laissez-faire attitude (to the starting position).

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    TBH, neither has shown the urgency that you wish you'd see from two young backs given the opportunity to land a job. Dwyer has done some good things, no doubt. But frankly, both have disappointed (what with getting hurt, missing time, etc.) in terms of showing how much they want the job. If I go strictly by this preseason, I'd say Dwyer showed more urgency. But he hasn't exactly shown an Emmitt Smith-like drive. Redman is/was my favorite coming in, and I'd lean still in his favor just because that. But he's let me down this preseason with his apparent laissez-faire attitude (to the starting position).
    I've never equated being injured with having a laissez-faire attitude...