Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainey was a steal in the 5th round!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Rainey was a steal in the 5th round!!

Great pick by pittsburgh, now we do not have to worry about brown taking all those extra hits on special teams. Rainey is small,quick, but injury prone and this guy can block punts i think he blocked 7 will with the gators. No doubt he will be another darren sproiles type, the scout people from pittsburgh are like no other gotta be the best at finding late round gems!!

Legend

User Info Menu

It's hard to block punts when you are back deep as a threat to take it to the house on punt returns.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully he doesn't suffer the knee curse of odd numbered draft picks this year.

Backup

User Info Menu

Based on the cuts, it looks like Rainey is the 5th receiver on top of RB and special teams. This frees up a roster spot for another need. I was hoping we would go this way with it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pgh is NOT known as brilliant late drafters, at all. They are particularly good at not wasting 1st round picks. But mostly under this regime, 2nd and 3rd day picks are wasted. They are NOT known as genius later round drafters. That is a misnomer.

Just look at their results after the 3rd round. Nothing to brag about. They are FAIL mostly after the 3rd round.

[url]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/draft.htm[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The kid looked good last night and has earned the trust of the coaches. Let's hope he can bring it when it counts!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Pgh is NOT known as brilliant late drafters, at all. They are particularly good at not wasting 1st round picks. But mostly under this regime, 2nd and 3rd day picks are wasted. They are NOT known as genius later round drafters. That is a misnomer.

Just look at their results after the 3rd round. Nothing to brag about. They are FAIL mostly after the 3rd round.

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/draft.htm[/URL]
    i'm assuming you mean lately.

we've been a consistent threat to win it all since we drafted ben.

how many late rounders do you expect to make a stacked team?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/draft.htm[/URL]
    Their record looks pretty solid to me...

Larry Foote, Brett Keisel, Ike Taylor, Willie Colon, Ryan Mundy and Antonio Brown will all be starting Game 1 this year...that's a pretty good late round representation...

Not to mention undrafted players James Harrison and Isaac Redman...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Not to mention undrafted players James Harrison and Isaac Redman...
    lets not forget Ramon Foster.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    lets not forget Ramon Foster.
    Let's not! You are correct...my bad...