Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get ready to disagree with me.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    You guys forget that when we cut batch we don't actually lose him. He sits in Pittsburgh and waits for a call from us
    I think a lot of us are on the same page here. We don't really expose him much if we cut him. JJ, on the other hand, could be easily plucked off the PS for one of the QB needy teams.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    WHy keep Batch? No one will sign him (in all likelihood). He'll be in town when we need him.
    This is the truth. Batch is like 38 years old too...people aren't stumbling over each other to sign a 38-year old career back-up. I do agree with the premise though. I think Leftwich is overrated, and to tell you the truth, I can't recall him ever having what I would consider a really good game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    This is the truth. Batch is like 38 years old too...people aren't stumbling over each other to sign a 38-year old career back-up. I do agree with the premise though. I think Leftwich is overrated, and to tell you the truth, I can't recall him ever having what I would consider a really good game.
    Then I think you might have missed the game he had coming in for Ben against the Redskins. As I recall he looked pretty impressive.

I'm with the majority in that we cut Batch and JJ makes the roster. Batch will make a very good coach and if we do need him he will be available.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

We should cut Batch and Lefty and keep JJ. If we need Batch he'll be in Pittsburgh. It free's up a spot that we need.......
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    my thoughts exactly...or hire him as a special assistant
    I'm pretty sure that if he's hired as a coach he can't come back and play. Seem to remember the Saints having an issue like that with their kicker a few years ago.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    WHy keep Batch? No one will sign him (in all likelihood). He'll be in town when we need him.
    Absolutely, release Batch and keep JJ, why allow a potential talent like that be exposed at all? No one is picking up Batch except to try and extract information about the offense from him, oh well. Lefty is probably the best backup in the league that has the ability to do more than just hold down the fort if it comes to that and the kid just looks like a ton of confidence and talent. I'd find a way to keep him on the team.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I think a lot of us are on the same page here. We don't really expose him much if we cut him. JJ, on the other hand, could be easily plucked off the PS for one of the QB needy teams.
    Remember, though, if you take a player off the practice squad he has to be one of your 53 game day players. You can't pluck him and then try to hide him on your PS,he has to be on the roster. Of course, I believe that if teams look at the tape of him this pre-season there are a couple in which he could actually compete for the job, so they'd have no problem taking him and putting him on the team. JJ would not clear PS IMHO.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    But I really think that we would be better to have Johnson and Batch back Ben up (not necessarily in that order) and to let Lefty go. Batch was on fire again, and Johnson has a lot of talent. He has a great touch on his passes and sees seams developing.

Discuss.....

Lefty is a china doll, and has contributed very little in the last few years. No future there, and Batch is holding his age very well.

Lefty is a chinadoll? But 50-year-old Batch isn't? He only has 2 games in him before he goes down. You can take that to the bank.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I thought Lefty looked really good against the Bills and may very well be one of the best backup QBs in the NFL.

how do you cut a guy who had a 145.8 QB rating in the last game he played?

and I believe because Lefty's injury-prone you have to go with the proven Charlie Batch as your 3rd string QB and try to sneak Johnson onto the PS. if another team claims him it will be a shame though, JJ does look like he has a lot of potential...
    BL has looked very good. We all know if he played for any stretch he will get hurt. That is pretty much proven. But he is playing well. Do you cut a guy playing that well?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    You guys forget that when we cut batch we don't actually lose him. He sits in Pittsburgh and waits for a call from us
    i've thought the same in past years.

but whats to stop the ravens from signing him right before we play them and he gives them inside info.

he's strapped for cash so i dont see him refusing a contract