Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Get ready to disagree with me.....

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Djfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,403

    Get ready to disagree with me.....

    But I really think that we would be better to have Johnson and Batch back Ben up (not necessarily in that order) and to let Lefty go. Batch was on fire again, and Johnson has a lot of talent. He has a great touch on his passes and sees seams developing.

    Lefty is a china doll, and has contributed very little in the last few years. No future there, and Batch is holding his age very well.

    Discuss.....
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  2. #2
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,813
    I thought Lefty looked really good against the Bills and may very well be one of the best backup QBs in the NFL.

    how do you cut a guy who had a 145.8 QB rating in the last game he played?

    and I believe because Lefty's injury-prone you have to go with the proven Charlie Batch as your 3rd string QB and try to sneak Johnson onto the PS. if another team claims him it will be a shame though, JJ does look like he has a lot of potential...

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    4,024
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

    and I believe because Lefty's injury-prone you have to go with the proven Charlie Batch as your 3rd string QB and try to sneak Johnson onto the PS. if another team claims him it will be a shame though, JJ does look like he has a lot of potential...
    WHy keep Batch? No one will sign him (in all likelihood). He'll be in town when we need him.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,672
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    WHy keep Batch? No one will sign him (in all likelihood). He'll be in town when we need him.
    This is the truth. Batch is like 38 years old too...people aren't stumbling over each other to sign a 38-year old career back-up. I do agree with the premise though. I think Leftwich is overrated, and to tell you the truth, I can't recall him ever having what I would consider a really good game.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    This is the truth. Batch is like 38 years old too...people aren't stumbling over each other to sign a 38-year old career back-up. I do agree with the premise though. I think Leftwich is overrated, and to tell you the truth, I can't recall him ever having what I would consider a really good game.
    Then I think you might have missed the game he had coming in for Ben against the Redskins. As I recall he looked pretty impressive.

    I'm with the majority in that we cut Batch and JJ makes the roster. Batch will make a very good coach and if we do need him he will be available.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  6. #6
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,297
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    WHy keep Batch? No one will sign him (in all likelihood). He'll be in town when we need him.
    Absolutely, release Batch and keep JJ, why allow a potential talent like that be exposed at all? No one is picking up Batch except to try and extract information about the offense from him, oh well. Lefty is probably the best backup in the league that has the ability to do more than just hold down the fort if it comes to that and the kid just looks like a ton of confidence and talent. I'd find a way to keep him on the team.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I thought Lefty looked really good against the Bills and may very well be one of the best backup QBs in the NFL.

    how do you cut a guy who had a 145.8 QB rating in the last game he played?

    and I believe because Lefty's injury-prone you have to go with the proven Charlie Batch as your 3rd string QB and try to sneak Johnson onto the PS. if another team claims him it will be a shame though, JJ does look like he has a lot of potential...
    BL has looked very good. We all know if he played for any stretch he will get hurt. That is pretty much proven. But he is playing well. Do you cut a guy playing that well?

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,315
    I think JJ will make it to the PS easily

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,576
    You're wrong.

    How'd Chadman do?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  10. #10
    Hall of Famer Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    You're wrong.

    How'd Chadman do?
    If he predicted that you would disagree with him, doesn't that make him right?

    Lefty is one of the best back-ups in the league.
    Johnson looks like he has some talent, but I see him on the PS.
    We keep batch as the #3, if we keep 3 quarterbacks. He showed us last night that he can still ball and that TD toss was maybe the best throw I've ever seen him make. If we need the roster spot, I say keep him around as the assistant QB coach and bring him back if Ben or Lefty gets hurt.



    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •