Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is with Tomlin's paranoia with speaking about injuries?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What is with Tomlin's paranoia with speaking about injuries?

Pgh has always been bizarre about ever being honest regarding injuries. But now Tomlin has taken it to an all-time high in freakish paranoia re: talking about them at all. I don't get it. Does he think that teams can't figure out who is going to play and who is dinged? That is beyond foolish. Now all players are being forced to not speak a word about their injuries. What does this accomplish? I love Tomlin, but in this area he seems to have lost his mind. So, what is being accomplished by having DeCastro not say anything about his knee? We know what is condition is; we don't need a private I to figure it out. And yet, he is not allowed to say a word about it. Seems like they are more paranoid than a dude who's been on coke for 3 straight days. I don't get it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

why should you give another team ANY type of advantage? how does it help if we as fans know the injury type? what's his incentive to tell anyone?
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In an era where everyone knows everything about everything I like this Tomlins position on this. Keep it in house.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe he's trying to keep it quiet that Dwyer's hurt.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    why should you give another team ANY type of advantage? how does it help if we as fans know the injury type? what's his incentive to tell anyone?
    Do you really think by "not speaking a word" about injuries that anything is being held secret? Like, what advantage do the Steelers have by not saying a word about DeCastro's injuries? Every team on earth knows he is out 3-5 months. There isn't a single advantage being gained by the Steelers by not talking about it, NONE, not ONE. So why bother? Just pure paranoia on the level of making them look like freaks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If it doesn't have any advantage one way why not the other way? Who cares is what I'm saying? Steelers aren't the only ones in the NFL who hold injury info, every team does it. I think it just bothers some not knowing the exact details of the injury and timeframes...there are a few docs on this board who would understand the terminology but I'm not going to fake it. If everyone thinks we're freaks so be it, we're the winning-est freaks out there...if we win another SB I hope they play "the freaks come out at night"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

couldn't resist

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post

couldn't resist

I had you guys pegged more as El DeBarge freaks.

Legend

User Info Menu

FLASH: Brady reportedly has a shoulder injury!!

(couldn't see your youtubes at work, stanz and flip ...)

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I suspect it's a few things...

1) Tomlin is a typical type A who likes to try to control the uncontrollable.
    2) He won't talk about it or allow players to talk about it, because they don't have to talk about it.
    3) There is no advantage from a competitive or even a political stance to expound upon injury status.
    Trolls are people too.