Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waive Claims

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    Hopefully, that will not be necessary. But frankly, that OLB to ILB almost never works. But, in an emergency if there is no choice what else?

IIRC a few years ago in an emergency Faneca had to play LT. Carnell Lake had to be used as a corner. These were HOF type players and they were really only okay at the change. I think maybe early James H. did some Inside stuff, but really this does not work usually. Even great players have a hard time making it work.

How did M. McFadden do. Are they going to keep him? The other one I really did not notice at all. I'm surprised there is no concern on this.
    I think it is possible that Sylvester will be back for week 2. That will take a lot of the pressure off on trying to figure this all out for the coaches.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Harrison has played ILB before in this defense...

For a time, he was the top backup LB at 3 of the 4 LB spots...

If someone had to kick inside, he would be able to do so...

Legend

User Info Menu

A few interesting names:

Green Bay waived WR Tori Gurley, who is likely an upgrade over the current group of contenders for the #5 spot. The Eagles waived Chad Hall and mock-draft favorite Marvin McNutt, in addition to Brandon Washington, who also made his way into a few mock drafts.