Thread: Wes Saunders

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wes Saunders

Is Wes still a Steeler? I know he has a 4 game suspension but I haven't heard his name once in any camp reviews or anything.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

yes, i thought i seen him playing in the preseason.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He played against the Bills. Against their third stringers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

will he count toward the 53 man roster for the first 4 games? or, do they get an exemption?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    will he count toward the 53 man roster for the first 4 games? or, do they get an exemption?
    I'm pretty certain they get an exemption while suspended.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I still have some high hopes for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Is Wes still a Steeler? I know he has a 4 game suspension but I haven't heard his name once in any camp reviews or anything.
    He's still on the team, but he has been pretty invisible from what I've seen so far. I've read that he's far from a lock to make the roster. Not sure if they'll keep him on the suspended list or just release him at the end of camp. I'd suspect they keep him through the suspension, but if Paulson plays well in his absence, he may not have a spot when he gets back.

I like his upside, but the reports I've seen mention that he's been inconsistent, and the coaches seem down on him.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he has way more upside than Paulson, but he doesn't look like the same guy this preseason that he looked like last year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.