Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I see a trend here: Redman held out of practice due to injury

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

lloydroid, Since youve arrived, you've only pimped Dwyer. Its kinda ridiculous and you started 3 new threads about it. What percentage of your posts were about him, 98 or 99%. Don't claim you are just pumped about a player.
    Last edited by aggiebones; 08-29-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Speak not the devils name for if you call him, he shall appear.

Seriously, i think maybe the trend is to overemphasize the injuries to rationalize keeping him out of the preseason games so he doesnt go into Denver nicked up.
    I agree.
    @Lloyd A little adversity keeps a man on his toes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    lloydroid, Since youve arrived, you've only pimped Dwyer. Its kinda ridiculous and you started 3 new threads about it. What percentage of your posts were about him, 98 or 99%. Don't claim you are just pumped about a player.
    I am calling BS on that right now. How much $ you want to bet that 99% of my posts are not on Dwyer? Let's do this thing. How much $ you want to wager on this?

Legend

User Info Menu

Haaaa, I remembered it..
    Insanesteelersfan.....
    Is that you incognito lloydroid?
    Cmon be honest bro it's all for fun..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I am calling BS on that right now. How much $ you want to bet that 99% of my posts are not on Dwyer? Let's do this thing. How much $ you want to wager on this?

great idea! You guys should totally bet e-dollars on it!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Watching the Bills game I came away with the same conclusion: This dude's running style will have him hurt all year if he is a starting back. In order for him to stay in one piece, he needs to have just a handful of carries a game. Pgh needs to just know it as fact and plan on JD as the starting back. If they can't see this obvious trend, they are dumber than I thought. I have seen this all along and I don't get paid to do this for a living.
    I've been saying this since Redman was annoited as having everything Mendenhall doesn't and therefore the new fan flavor of the week. The pfysical straight ahead running absorbing contact that fans like to see is what will keep him off the field for several games this season. We need Mendy to get well sooner rather than later. I have always had high hopes for Dwyer but Mendy is the surer bet if healthy.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

This thread is ridiculous. If you break it down to injuries per career carry, Dwyer is more injury prone than Redman. And I know of no statistic that bears out the claim that "physical, straight ahead running absorbing contact" is either more likely to "keep a player off the field for several games" or that it's "what fans like to see." Speaking for myself, I love to see backs bounce off to the outside and display great open field running ability just as much as I like to see a good inside running game. It's EFFECTIVE running that I want to see. If you polled fans, I'd be surprised if the majority felt any different about it.

In today's NFL, it's good to have a stable of backs with varying running styles. I don't think any of these backs are going to be used exclusively; Haley will use a platoon system. But there are times when you need the surer bet on short yardage, and up until now, Redman has looked like the best back in those situations. Maybe Dwyer will prove to be just as good in short yardage. Based on his body of work, Mendenhall hasn't looked like that guy to me.

I don't care if it's Redman #1 and Dwyer #2, or Dwyer #1 and Redman #2, or Mendy #1 and Redman #2, or Redman #1 and Mendy #2, or some other combination of Mendy, Redman and Dwyer, as long as the running game is EFFECTIVE. I'm tired of watching RBs dancing in the backfield and getting knocked for a loss on a large percentage of our running plays. I'm tired of seeing them, way too often, gain one yard when we need two.

Dwyer has looked impressive in limited preseason action. If he continues to play that way, I think Mendy will likely be playing for a different team next season.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 08-30-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    This thread is ridiculous. If you break it down to injuries per career carry, Dwyer is more injury prone than Redman. And I know of no statistic that bears out the claim that "physical, straight ahead running absorbing contact" is either more likely to "keep a player off the field for several games" or that it's "what fans like to see." Speaking for myself, I love to see backs bounce off to the outside and display great open field running ability just as much as I like to see a good inside running game. It's EFFECTIVE running that I want to see. If you polled fans, I'd be surprised if the majority felt any different about it.

In today's NFL, it's good to have a stable of backs with varying running styles. I don't think any of these backs are going to be used exclusively; Haley will use a platoon system. But there are times when you need the surer bet on short yardage, and up until now, Redman has looked like the best back in those situations. Maybe Dwyer will prove to be just as good in short yardage. Based on his body of work, Mendenhall hasn't looked like that guy to me.

I don't care if it's Redman #1 and Dwyer #2, or Dwyer #1 and Redman #2, or Mendy #1 and Redman #2, or Redman #1 and Mendy #2, or some other combination of Mendy, Redman and Dwyer, as long as the running game is EFFECTIVE. I'm tired of watching RBs dancing in the backfield and getting knocked for a loss on a large percentage of our running plays. I'm tired of seeing them, way too often, gain one yard when we need two.

Dwyer has looked impressive in limited preseason action. If he continues to play that way, I think Mendy will likely be playing for a different team next season.
    The difference is thet Redman is suppose to be "The Man" because he is much tougher than Mendenhall. That is what many have wanted for two years and now that he has the chance he has been dinged through most of the preseason. I doubt he gets annointed with holy water before week #1 and doesn't get hurt. He will miss games. We will need all our RBs to contribute.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the trend is ALL RB's are injury prone because 11 guys are trying to tackle a RB when they have the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I've been saying this since Redman was annoited as having everything Mendenhall doesn't and therefore the new fan flavor of the week. The pfysical straight ahead running absorbing contact that fans like to see is what will keep him off the field for several games this season. We need Mendy to get well sooner rather than later. I have always had high hopes for Dwyer but Mendy is the surer bet if healthy.
    flavor of the week? lol....