Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: JD is a baller

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    This is one of those few, rare late draft picks that Pgh hit on.
    if you were talking about Antonio Brown I would be inclined to agree with you.

however, the jury is definitely still out on Dwyer.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There are about 4-5 undrafted players with more value. Maybe 10-15 if you just take players drafted 5th round or later + undrafted.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Several days ago? Son, I've been touting JD's skills for years, not days. (On other message boards and to every Steeler fan friend I talk to.) As soon as they drafted him I soaked in his highlights in college and was impressed and knew he could be more productive than Menden-SPIN. Now the day has finally arrived. This is one of those few, rare late draft picks that Pgh hit on.
    Did you seriously just refer to me as "son"?

Sigh...

367kvk.jpg

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Originally Posted by lloydroid [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=521537#post521537"][/URL]
    Several days ago? Son, I've been touting JD's skills for years, not days. (On other message boards ....

Can you go back there?

Legend

User Info Menu

Several days ago? Son, I've been touting JD's skills for years, not days. (On other message boards and to every Steeler fan friend I talk to.) As soon as they drafted him I soaked in his highlights in college and was impressed and knew he could be more productive than Menden-SPIN. Now the day has finally arrived. This is one of those few, rare late draft picks that Pgh hit on.
    So instead of going back there you come here to say "I told you so"???Lucky us

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

No one is going to "take me seriously" on an Internet message board? I think I am going to go kill myself. My entire life goals have to do with "being taken seriously" on Internet message boards. I have no self worth if I am not "taken seriously" on Internet message boards. After all, if I am "taken seriously" on an Internet message board, I will get into Harvard and eventually become president of the United States. If not, none of that is going to happen.

Look, let's try to keep it real. Dude said that JD might not be any good because he "still looked soft in the middle." I merely pointed out that a guy named Bettis was way more soft in the middle and he did OK, it seems. NO WHERE did I claim JD was as good as Bettis, I merely POINTED OUT A FACT that Bettis was a lot more fat than this kid. DO NOT DEAL IN STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS, as they are the tool of the weak minded.
    I don't think "soft in the middle" has anything to do with weight.... I read it as a knock on Dwyer in between the tackles.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if you were talking about Antonio Brown I would be inclined to agree with you.

however, the jury is definitely still out on Dwyer.
    You are absolutely correct... But if any of the Dwyer bashers are as gifted in prognostication as they seem to think so... Than please help me make my lottery picks this week! I need your help! Seriously though... On the flip side, I have a feeling JD is going to turn out just fine if he stays healthy and motivated. Lets all just give him his chance... Because every time he rips a nice run we'll all be cheering... Now if you are rooting against him for some personal satisfaction or vendetta... that is another story...

Legend

User Info Menu

Most people are taking a wait and see approach with Dwyer.

I don't think anyone. wants to see Dwyer fail... and a lot of the bashing is directed at Dwyer's dad.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    You are absolutely correct... But if any of the Dwyer bashers are as gifted in prognostication as they seem to think so... Than please help me make my lottery picks this week! I need your help! Seriously though... On the flip side, I have a feeling JD is going to turn out just fine if he stays healthy and motivated. Lets all just give him his chance... Because every time he rips a nice run we'll all be cheering... Now if you are rooting against him for some personal satisfaction or vendetta... that is another story...
    Your "lucky 7" post is a very good one. Time will tell what Dwyer can do or can't do. If the preseason is an indicator there is cause to be positive because he can be a difference maker at RB.

However, don't doubt there are some who don't want him to be successful because they just want to say they are right or they have invested their opinions and prognostications excessively in another player.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    However, don't doubt there are some who don't want him to be successful because they just want to say they are right or they have invested their opinions and prognostications excessively in another player.
    Don't be so hard on yourself.... lol