Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JD is a baller

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dude, why would you create a second thread about Dwyer. You drooled on him enough in the first thread. Are you his agent?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

serious mancrush

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Just to clarify, the foreskin was a typo to funny to not just leave there. I just heard a pregnant women saying she just read you're not supposed to circumcise your babies any more. Water cooler talk is crossing over into my posting

Obviously, you're not responsible for your own behavior.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Just to clarify, the foreskin was a typo to funny to not just leave there. I just heard a pregnant women saying she just read you're not supposed to circumcise your babies any more. Water cooler talk is crossing over into my posting
    We all know what happened when JD saw Ben eating macaroni salad, and left behind a fork.

Ben's firstborn son is due pretty soon...if Roethlisberger Jr. does get circumcized, the doctors better watch out just in case JD is there to swipe the "scalpel of greatness."
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We all know what happened when JD saw Ben eating macaroni salad, and left behind a fork.

Ben's firstborn son is due pretty soon...if Roethlisberger Jr. does get circumcized, the doctors better watch out just in case JD is there to swipe the "scalpel of greatness."
    And leave the "forkskin of greatness" behind?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    Dude, why would you create a second thread about Dwyer. You drooled on him enough in the first thread. Are you his agent?
    That thread was too old and not around. I thought his catch was worthy of a new thread. By the way, who threw that block that up-ended a rusher on the TD pass from Leftwich? That was a hell of a block and without it, no TD would have been thrown.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've been harsh on Dwyer, but I have to admit--that he has earned his place on this team this summer. He has earned playing time when the real season starts.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I've been harsh on Dwyer, but I have to admit--that he has earned his place on this team this summer. He has earned playing time when the real season starts.
    Let's not forget, he began his NFL career showing up super fat at the combines. I mean, come on dude, you had millions on the line and you couldn't push away from pizza and Micky Dees for a few months? That shows he has some real maturity/discipline issues to begin with. But he has serious talent. And this year, he came in 20 lbs lighter saying things like "I know it's my responsibility to get in shape, no one else's." And he has continued to seem like a new man, other than taping his helmet to get out of the game, although it's possible that was because he was injured. I've been high on him since they drafted him, and this year he has shown he might have "seen the light." I have said all along that if he puts in the effort he will prove a BETTER back than Mendenhall, who has been disappointing more than not - always is one broken tackle away from a big play, but he never breaks that last tackle and he obvious F--ks around too much in the backfield after he gets the hand off.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I'm not saying "injury prone" per se, just that with an increased load, his style is likely to get him dinged. He takes on all tacklers and doesn't go down easy, and keeps chugging, but that invites too many hits. When I watch him run, it seems he takes on major hits with almost every carry. That was fine when he only has a few touches a game, but being the starter, etc? I think it's gonna take its toll. Hope not.
    Redman takes major hits in short yardage situations...but, what RB doesn't? That's what happens in short yardage...defenses stack the line...

If you take an objective look at his carries that were not in short yardage, specifically last year in the Browns and Broncos games, he only took a big shot when he was fighting for extra yards...again, a situation when any RB would invite a big hit...

Rookie

User Info Menu

That was a sweet catch by Dwyer, though...it was a great catch at the time when it was needed most...