Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: JD is a baller

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    no matter who runs the ball i'll be happy if it makes progress for the team. too many people jumped the gun when art II said, " we need to run the ball." i really believe he meant, we need the run the ball affectively and if needed as an edge. arians in my opinion gave no respect on what running the ball to a team could mean. it's a passing league and everyone knows it but, running the ball for ball control, clock control, punching it in on short yardage or giving your own defense a rest is all about offensive weaponry.
    redmen, dwyer or a healthy mendenhall can do a lot for our team. this coud be a great offense if lead correctly. if we do go to the super bowl i say it will be the offense that paves the way.
    This is what Rooney actually said 2 years ago:

"I think Mike and I certainly agreed coming off the season that we need to run the ball more consistently to get to where we want to get to," Rooney told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette yesterday. "So that's part of the thinking in the offseason: We need to figure out how to get better running the football." "We have to get back to being able to run the football when we need to run the football, and being able to run more consistently than we have in the past season," he said.
    He said MORE CONSISTENTLY and GET BETTER RUNNING THE FOOTBALL and RUN WHEN WE NEED TO RUN, but the headline for this article in the Post-Gazette simply says, "Rooney wants Steelers to run the ball more" so those 8 words are all that the masses came away with (without reading his actual words).

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/rooney-wants-steelers-to-run-the-ball-more-228812/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    "Rooney wants Steelers to run the ball more"

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/rooney-wants-steelers-to-run-the-ball-more-228812/[/URL]
    Mmm-Hah, Run the Ball Yoi!

Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 09-05-2012 at 12:07 AM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    There is no way that Mendenhall starts on Sunday. He might play, which I doubt, but he is not the starter.
    I'm not so sure about that.

[URL]http://pit.scout.com/2/1218050.html[/URL]

Might have to change the title of this thread to "Mendy is a baller." 8 months after an ACL? Are you kidding me? This is a fantastic recovery.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 09-05-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I'm not so sure about that.

[URL]http://pit.scout.com/2/1218050.html[/URL]

Might have to change the title of this thread to "Mendy is a baller." 8 months after an ACL? Are you kidding me? This is a fantastic recovery.
    For all the grief Mendy gets he has always had the reputation of being a fantastic physical speciman and a very hard worker, but this just seems to me to be really rushing (no pun intended) things after just 8 months. Not sure it is wise. I would definitely wait until at least after the bye week.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    For all the grief Mendy gets he has always had the reputation of being a fantastic physical speciman and a very hard worker, but this just seems to me to be really rushing (no pun intended) things after just 8 months. Not sure it is wise. I would definitely wait until at least after the bye week.
    I don't think it's wise but Mendy is trying to get paid.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think our current cast of backs can handle the job and the coach should allow Mendy to heal up as far into the season as possible. Mendy might heal up and all that but according to other backs that had his type of injury, it takes the following season to get back to their 100% playing condition.