Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 76

Thread: JD is a baller

  1. #41
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,809
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    This is one of those few, rare late draft picks that Pgh hit on.
    if you were talking about Antonio Brown I would be inclined to agree with you.

    however, the jury is definitely still out on Dwyer.

  2. #42
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,427
    There are about 4-5 undrafted players with more value. Maybe 10-15 if you just take players drafted 5th round or later + undrafted.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Several days ago? Son, I've been touting JD's skills for years, not days. (On other message boards and to every Steeler fan friend I talk to.) As soon as they drafted him I soaked in his highlights in college and was impressed and knew he could be more productive than Menden-SPIN. Now the day has finally arrived. This is one of those few, rare late draft picks that Pgh hit on.
    Did you seriously just refer to me as "son"?

    Sigh...

    367kvk.jpg

  4. #44
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,427
    Originally Posted by lloydroid
    Several days ago? Son, I've been touting JD's skills for years, not days. (On other message boards ....

    Can you go back there?


  5. #45
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,818
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Several days ago? Son, I've been touting JD's skills for years, not days. (On other message boards and to every Steeler fan friend I talk to.) As soon as they drafted him I soaked in his highlights in college and was impressed and knew he could be more productive than Menden-SPIN. Now the day has finally arrived. This is one of those few, rare late draft picks that Pgh hit on.
    So instead of going back there you come here to say "I told you so"???Lucky us

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  6. #46
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,325
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    No one is going to "take me seriously" on an Internet message board? I think I am going to go kill myself. My entire life goals have to do with "being taken seriously" on Internet message boards. I have no self worth if I am not "taken seriously" on Internet message boards. After all, if I am "taken seriously" on an Internet message board, I will get into Harvard and eventually become president of the United States. If not, none of that is going to happen.

    Look, let's try to keep it real. Dude said that JD might not be any good because he "still looked soft in the middle." I merely pointed out that a guy named Bettis was way more soft in the middle and he did OK, it seems. NO WHERE did I claim JD was as good as Bettis, I merely POINTED OUT A FACT that Bettis was a lot more fat than this kid. DO NOT DEAL IN STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS, as they are the tool of the weak minded.
    I don't think "soft in the middle" has anything to do with weight.... I read it as a knock on Dwyer in between the tackles.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if you were talking about Antonio Brown I would be inclined to agree with you.

    however, the jury is definitely still out on Dwyer.
    You are absolutely correct... But if any of the Dwyer bashers are as gifted in prognostication as they seem to think so... Than please help me make my lottery picks this week! I need your help! Seriously though... On the flip side, I have a feeling JD is going to turn out just fine if he stays healthy and motivated. Lets all just give him his chance... Because every time he rips a nice run we'll all be cheering... Now if you are rooting against him for some personal satisfaction or vendetta... that is another story...

  8. #48
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,325
    Most people are taking a wait and see approach with Dwyer.

    I don't think anyone. wants to see Dwyer fail... and a lot of the bashing is directed at Dwyer's dad.

  9. #49
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    You are absolutely correct... But if any of the Dwyer bashers are as gifted in prognostication as they seem to think so... Than please help me make my lottery picks this week! I need your help! Seriously though... On the flip side, I have a feeling JD is going to turn out just fine if he stays healthy and motivated. Lets all just give him his chance... Because every time he rips a nice run we'll all be cheering... Now if you are rooting against him for some personal satisfaction or vendetta... that is another story...
    Your "lucky 7" post is a very good one. Time will tell what Dwyer can do or can't do. If the preseason is an indicator there is cause to be positive because he can be a difference maker at RB.

    However, don't doubt there are some who don't want him to be successful because they just want to say they are right or they have invested their opinions and prognostications excessively in another player.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #50
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    However, don't doubt there are some who don't want him to be successful because they just want to say they are right or they have invested their opinions and prognostications excessively in another player.
    Don't be so hard on yourself.... lol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •