Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 109

Thread: Mike Wallace has arrived

  1. #31
    wallace is only trying to protect himself and his family. He has done nothing wrong. All the hysterics about learning the playbook and cutting his tender is hilarious.

    you only need look at what happened to decastro to see what he was thinking.

    hope they can get a deal done.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Yeah, for the sake of the team, I really hope that he has been conditioning himself and that he doesn't end up with some sort of pull. As you point out, that type of injury is rather common for guys comming in late.
    He has been working out with Tom Shaw. The same guy who Ike Taylor and many others work out with in the off-season.

  3. #33
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    welcome back wally. hope to see you put up your 2,000 yards.

  4. #34
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Emmanuel Sanders ‏@E_Sanders88 Good to see the big bro @Wallace17_daKid back!! We bout to get it poppin like orville redenbacher now!

  5. #35
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,047
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post
    Wally probably won't pull a hammy or anything, cuz he's mostly not gonna "Ball-out"!!Why bother going 100%, when ur playing for only 2.7M???He's still a little b!tch!I hope Rainey smokes him in the race...JD
    It's not as if he didn't earn a raise. He gave us 3206 yards and 24 touchdowns in 3 seasons, all while making $580,000 per season. Was he not balling out for those three seasons while making less than a quarter of what he will make under the RFA tender amount this season?

    You do realize that is the second best three-season stretch by any receiver in Steeler history, right? (behind only Ward's 3495 yards and 26 TD's in 01-03). The first three seasons of Wallace's career (and he wasn't even a starter that first year) was better than any 3 years of any other Steeler wideout in his prime...better than Stallworth's 2765 yards and 24 TD's in 77-79, better than Swann's 2477 yards and 23 TD's in 77-79, better than Lipps' 2584 yards and 24 TD's in 84-86, better than Thigpen's 2949 yards and 14 TD's in 95-97, better than Burress' 3193 yards and 17 TD's in 01-03, and better than Holmes' 3011 yards and 18 TD's from 07-09.

  6. #36
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,857
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post
    Wally probably won't pull a hammy or anything, cuz he's mostly not gonna "Ball-out"!!Why bother going 100%, when ur playing for only 2.7M???He's still a little b!tch!I hope Rainey smokes him in the race...JD
    Be interesting to see how this plays out in his big contract year. Not going balls out means lost market value. But going balls out risks major injury, which diminishes market value. People outside the organization and fan base think Wallace accomplished very little by holding out. I really think all the risk is now with Wallace and he screwed himself by not signing the deal the Steelers put forth. He can also be traded to a really awful team which will likely reduce his impact on the game.

  7. #37
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,857
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It's not as if he didn't earn a raise. He gave us 3206 yards and 24 touchdowns in 3 seasons, all while making $580,000 per season. Was he not balling out for those three seasons while making less than a quarter of what he will make under the RFA tender amount this season?

    You do realize that is the second best three-season stretch by any receiver in Steeler history, right? (behind only Ward's 3495 yards and 26 TD's in 01-03). The first three seasons of Wallace's career (and he wasn't even a starter that first year) was better than any 3 years of any other Steeler wideout in his prime...better than Stallworth's 2765 yards and 24 TD's in 77-79, better than Swann's 2477 yards and 23 TD's in 77-79, better than Lipps' 2584 yards and 24 TD's in 84-86, better than Thigpen's 2949 yards and 14 TD's in 95-97, better than Burress' 3193 yards and 17 TD's in 01-03, and better than Holmes' 3011 yards and 18 TD's from 07-09.
    Not saying he didn't deserve a big raise, but I believe what the Steelers reportedly offered was every bit fair. Obviously, Wallace felt otherwise. Can a team stay competitive and tie up more than $150M on only two players? You end up like an Indy, with only one side of the ball being competitive and the other side in constant mediocrity to make up for it.

  8. #38
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,365
    Wallace deserves a new deal but I still don't think he's worth over 10 per year which is what the Steelers offered.

    But just because he earned the money because of his play the past couple of years doesn't mean anything if he doesn't produce at the same level going forward.

    I think it's hilarious that players say they "outperformed" their contract and they want to get paid more. But what happens when they get payed more and they "underperform" their contract? Shouldn't they be required to give the money back? It happens all the time.... I don't see the players whining when they get injured and still make big money. I also don't see the players whine they are payed to catch an average of 10 TDs a year but then they only catch 4.

    I'm of the opinion that most 'big player' contracts should have a couple million in guaranteed money and everything else is incentive based.

  9. #39
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    wallace is only trying to protect himself and his family. He has done nothing wrong. All the hysterics about learning the playbook and cutting his tender is hilarious.

    you only need look at what happened to decastro to see what he was thinking.

    hope they can get a deal done.
    Please stop with the "only trying to feed the family" drivel. It is trite and condescending to those of us "only trying to feed the family" by slogging daily digging ditches, building bridges, or cleaning teeth.
    We just heard the exact same statement made by the referee union and the replacement refs 'taking food off their table". Newsflash: in the real world there are plenty of people lined up to take one's job should you decide you aren't being rewarded appropriately.

    Wallace can more than adequately protect himself and family with the money he was offered. this is every bit as much about ego as it is about sound personal management.

  10. #40
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,531
    [QUOTE=papillon;520775]or center?
    lining/QUOTE]
    It just seems that everyone else is lining up to play guard

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •