Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Mike Wallace has arrived

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    I'm worried he plays scared this season. I gave up around $20M in guaranteed money and a nice 5 year contract and instead will play for under $3m. That's a HUGE difference. $3m at his age is not set for life. $20M would be.
    I could easily see him limping off the field in game 1-2 with a mild hammy.

3 million is not enough to be set for life?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not at his age. For one its more like $1.5 of his $2.7M

The magic of investment's past is not the same. You and I may be able to make piles of money starting with that amount, but not your average intelligence football player. And by his maneuvers, he has shown less than average intelligence.
    He's probably already spent half a million of it on his agent, financial adviser and the local nude bar girl.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    3 million is not enough to be set for life?

It's 30 years of a $100,000 per year salary. It ain't living on welfare and if you were intelligent enough and motivated enough to get another job you could live a very comfortable life. The problem is these guys want extravagence not comfortable.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's 30 years of a $100,000 per year salary. It ain't living on welfare and if you were intelligent enough and motivated enough to get another job you could live a very comfortable life. The problem is these guys want extravagence not comfortable.
    You could live a very comfortable life on $100K per year without a job...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You could live a very comfortable life on $100K per year without a job...

I can see the players being ignorant enough to think they should never have to get a job after football, but the fans?

Legend

User Info Menu

Something seems different with Mike Wallace

by Mark Kaboly

Wide receiver Mike Wallace, or the self-proclaimed "Fast Money" member of the "Young Money Crew" likely won't get his "Big" money from the Steelers. Wallace and the Steelers have until approximately 3 p.m. Saturday to sign a long-term deal, or Wallace will play the final year of his contract without any assurances for the future. Maybe that's why Wallace has seemed different in the locker room ever since his return last week. Usually, Wallace is engaging with his teammates, as well as the media. This year, he doesn't appear to be interested in flashing that infectious smile and outgoing personality -- sort of like he has other things on his mind. Now, it's early, but could this be a precursor of things to come especially if Wallace and the Steelers don't get a deal done within the next few days? If a deal doesn't get done, it is going to be interesting to see if Wallace will be able to let that not affect him.

[URL]http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/cc85f311-330c-4411-944b-5ea970225b9d/?source=twitter[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Hard as it would be to believe, maybe Mike actually thought he was going to get Fitzgerald-type money.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Hard as it would be to believe, maybe Mike actually thought he was going to get Fitzgerald-type money.

and he seems insistent on at least getting Desean Jackson/Vincent Jackson type money...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Wallace has seemed different in the locker room ever since his return last week. Usually, Wallace is engaging with his teammates, as well as the media. This year, he doesn't appear to be interested in flashing that infectious smile and outgoing personality -- sort of like he has other things on his mind.
    Yeah, maybe he is busy trying to cram 7 months worth of OTA's, minicamps, training camp, etc. into 7 days, so he doesn't have much time to goof around with teammates and media right now...just a thought.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.