Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redman may not be the starting RB.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Redman may not be the starting RB.....

Hearing some players are quietly saying J.Dwyer will push Redman and could be Haley's first choice. Interesting. I hope so!!! A little competition brings out the best.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't really care who the starter is. Just start the best guy- at every position.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I don't really care who the starter is. Just start the best guy- at every position.
    Ditto.

While I have a lot of faith in Redman, the reality is that all of the RBs will need to contribute for the offense to reach its full potential...

Legend

User Info Menu

Fine by me. I already think that Redman is better than Spindenhall. If Dwyer is better than Redman, plug him in !

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Redman has heart. That may be too much for Dwyer to overcome.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Hearing some players are quietly saying J.Dwyer will push Redman and could be Haley's first choice. Interesting. I hope so!!! A little competition brings out the best.

And what player(s) is that? Dwyer maybe...

Camp hasn't even started..Haley hasn't seen anyone in pads and there is very limited game tape of Dwyer... I am not saying that I dont want to see legitimate competition at the RB position, but I am just not sure how we can be talking about this based on where we are at in the process.

IMO, barring injury, Redman will be the starter....For some reason, he doesn't get the credit he deserves....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lets wait and see how Dwyer shows up to camp. I wouldn't count him out....he's got talent and 2 yrs under his belt.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Hearing some players are quietly saying J.Dwyer will push Redman and could be Haley's first choice.
    Unless Haley plans on installing some kind of triple-option attack to the offense I just don't see Dwyer beating out Redman for the starting job.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Redman has heart. That may be too much for Dwyer to overcome.
    This is the issue with Redman, and against Dwyer. I hope we have the best four backs in history really. Let them all compete against each other. But, Redman has a LOT of "want to", while Dwyer has a lot of ??? Upside??
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Fine by me. I already think that Redman is better than Spindenhall. If Dwyer is better than Redman, plug him in !
    Personally I'm tried of reading this. Yes Redman plowed the hell out of any hole he saw and I wished Mendenhall would do the same but Mendenhall sees the cut back lanes etc that Redman doesn't see and because of our spotty line play Redman ran better at time. Mendenhall behind a vastly improved line IMO is a top 8 back in the NFL. Hopefully we get a chance to see what he's capable of behind a solid line.