User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    My Steelers Picks:
    Offense - Rainey
    Defense - Spence

NFL Picks
    Offense - Russell Wilson
    Defense - Dont'a Hightower
    I agree with all but the Russell Wilson pick. I'm thinking that Mike Vick is gonna get hurt early and Nick Foles is gonna step right in and put up some big numbers. Either way it wouldn't shock me if Foles and Wilson both have better rookie seasons than Luck and RG3.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    I agree with all but the Russell Wilson pick. I'm thinking that Mike Vick is gonna get hurt early and Nick Foles is gonna step right in and put up some big numbers. Either way it wouldn't shock me if Foles and Wilson both have better rookie seasons than Luck and RG3.
    There's 5 Rookie QBs starting week 1. So I figure one of them is likely going to end up with the award because of the position. And I think Wilson is the most NFL ready. Even more so than Luck. If he were taller everyone would agree.

RGIII has the most upside of any QB I've ever seen. He can throw on a 60+ yard rope while running at full speed. I think he eventually fulfills on the promise of guys like Randal Cunningham, Kordell, and Vick.

I'm just not convinced that RGIII is ready to do it in year 1, but I think Wilson is ready to go.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    I hope you're right.
    I hope your team sucks this year :P (We all know this is not possible)

I was really looking at all the draft picks on D and I don't think there's another guy that fits right in and fills a gap. I'm not as high on Hightower as many others. But I think if he plays above average, he's in a situation to be successful.

Backup

User Info Menu

The mainstream sports media is already fellating Andrew Luck, so the Offensive Rookie of the Year award is his to lose.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    The mainstream sports media is already fellating Andrew Luck, so the Offensive Rookie of the Year award is his to lose.
    The thing Wilson has on his side is his team isn't too shabby and in a bad division. So he might have the best shot at making the playoffs. And that could make the media come around.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Easy... Chris Rainey.

No other rookie may see the field.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

For the Steelers, I think it will be:

1) Rainey
    2) Butler

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I hope your team sucks this year :P (We all know this is not possible)

I was really looking at all the draft picks on D and I don't think there's another guy that fits right in and fills a gap. I'm not as high on Hightower as many others. But I think if he plays above average, he's in a situation to be successful.
    Actually, we Pats fans have been thinking Chandler Jones looks like a keeper, too.

Maybe one of us will have enough brain cells remaining in January to bring up this thread and see how well the predictions panned out.