Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers claim former Jags running back

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    so the coaches decided that Batch, Rainey, Dwyer, are not the answer as backups to Redman??
    I'm guessing we just wanted a body to throw out there and finish the preseason without an injury to a key RB.

By Jim Wexell - SteelCityInsider.net

Posted Aug 27, 2012

NEW RUNNING BACK

The Steelers claimed running back DuJuan Harris off waivers from the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Harris (5-7, 196, 4.49) saw action in five games during his rookie season in 2011. He finished with 42 yards rushing on 9 carries, and added 1 reception for 4 yards. Harris also returned 14 kickoffs for 308 yards (22.0 avg.)

Harris originally signed with the Jaguars as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Troy University. Here’s what Nolan Nawrocki of Pro Football Weekly wrote about hims prior to the 2011 draft: “Built low to the ground, runs with balance and is tough to tackle. ... Good hands. Has a 38-inch vertical jump ... Does not pull away from the pack when he gets in the clear. ... Shows enough quickness, burst, elusiveness and receiving skills to compete for a reserve job if he's able to contribute on special teams.”

http://burgh.us/fth

Pro Bowler
    I'm guessing we just wanted a body to throw out there and finish the preseason without an injury to a key RB.

Hall of Famer
    i hope Harris doesnt get injured either. It will be interesting to see who they put out there. Def wont see much of Mendy, Redman, or Dwyer. If Rainey made the 53, they dont dare run him. Perhaps Ford will see just a fw carries so he can go to PS. That leaves just Batch and the FNG so the move makes some sense.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Yes. That is the ticket.

Redman, Dwyer, Mendy, and even Ford are all banged up. This game will feature a second half of players who mostly will not be on this team. Look for him then.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.