Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harrison, Worilds activated from PUP list

Harrison, Worilds activated from PUP list

Wallace signs tender; Harrison, Worilds activated

The Steelers made several roster moves today that included wide receiver Mike Wallace signing his tender, the team announced today.

Wallace, in his fourth year with the team, signed his tender and will be eligible to practice with the team beginning Monday, Sept. 3. Wallace has played in 48 career games with 34 starts, and he was named a Pro Bowl starter following the 2011 season.

Additionally, the Steelers activated veteran linebackers James Harrison and Jason Worilds from the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) List.

Harrison is in his ninth season with the Steelers and has played in 118 career games with 82 starts. He has been named a starter in five straight Pro Bowls and was named the AP Defensive Player of the Year in 2008. Harrison was recovering from a knee and back injury.

Worilds is in his third year with the Steelers after being drafted in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He has played in 26 career games with seven starts, and he was recovering from a wrist injury.

Also, the Steelers have released running back Jason Ford, who was signed earlier in training camp.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...7-e2c24a315de6

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Also, the Steelers have released running back Jason Ford, who was signed earlier in training camp.
    So much for the minibus talk.

Pro Bowler
    Worilds has disappointed. I mean, hell, if your last name is "Worilds" instead of "Worlds" that's a bad sign to begin with. That "i" just doesn't belong in there. He is not as advertised. Just doesn't seem to do anything when he is in there.

Glad to see all of them back. The team is starting to gel into what it should be for the year and I feel much better about that with Deebo and Wallace there.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Worilds has disappointed. I mean, hell, if your last name is "Worilds" instead of "Worlds" that's a bad sign to begin with. That "i" just doesn't belong in there. He is not as advertised. Just doesn't seem to do anything when he is in there.
    Are you suggesting that he change his name back to Jason Adjepong again?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Not sure I would characterize being third on the team in QB pressures last year as disappointing. What would exactly please you? Beat out Harrison? Who else in the nfl would do that? Maybe graduate from Penn State?
    Last edited by Oviedo; 08-29-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    So much for the minibus talk.
    He looked more like a poor man's Carey Davis than a minibus, but in any event, it looks like that has come to an end. It also appears that Will Johnson has made the team as a FB, with Ford, Peelle and McCoy all cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not sure I would characterize being third on the team in QB pressures last year as disappointing. What would exactly please you? Beat out Harrison? Who else in the nfl would do that? Maybe graduate from Penn State?
    Worilds did do a nice job last year. As you mentioned, third in pressures despite limited playing time. I'd like to see him finish a few more of those plays and turn the pressures into sacks, but the really big key for him at this point is staying healthy. It would be nice if he could give Harrison and/or Woodley a breather from time to time.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Are you suggesting that he change his name back to Jason Adjepong again?
    Is that his real name?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Is that his real name?
    His mother's name was Worilds and his father's name was Adjepong. He was named Jason Adjepong up to and including his freshman year at Virginia Tech. Then he legally changed his name to his mom's name as a tribute to her. He's been Jason Worilds since then.