Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Steelers will have first losing season since 2003

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post
    Why post something as F-ing STUPID as this, is beyond me???

JD
    What is beyond me, is why you think it is stupid to post an opinion on a message board. That makes you a f*cktard and you have a small penis to go with your small brain.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post
    Why post something as F-ing STUPID as this, is beyond me???

JD
    Psssssttttt.....because its a message board and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    What is beyond me, is why you think it is stupid to post an opinion on a message board. That makes you a f*cktard and you have a small penis to go with your small brain.
    Easy Rob.... proliferation of the same ignorance via personal attacks not a good idea.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pops8 View Post
    Is it really required to have a gushing and glowing opinion to be welcome here? Is it really not okay to look at the team and be concerned?

What is more likely? We go 19-0 this year or the team has to struggle through:
    1. DD injury
    2. Mendy injury with IRed showing early nicks.
    3. Wallace Drama
    4. New Offense
    5. Question about Foote in the middle
    6. Clark aging and unable to play in Denver; Troy P. in his 30's
    7. JH and Worilds not yet at full tilt
    8. Gilbert struggling early
    9. Questions at CB across for Ike

to name but a few

It is far more realistic to look at this team's barnacles and think there are choppy seas ahead rather than insisting everything is fine and predict a 19-0 record. Saying so doesn't make me a pessimist or chicken little, it makes me a realist with my eyes open. Telling someone their post is ****ing stupid because one doesn't agree with the OP is childish.

I do think the team is talented and I do think the team will be okay in the long run. There are few teams in the league that could overcome such early adversity; the Steelers are one of those teams. However, it is quite possible that this team is primed for a sluggish start and a couple more injuries could easily send the season into the tank. Pointing to the possibility doesn't make me a hater and it certainly doesn't mean I am rooting or hoping for a bad outcome. But some fans won't like to hear it so the response will be to attack the poster instead of looking at the source of the concerns and shedding positive light on how the team might overcome those concerns. Typical.

I guess with that, I won't be really welcome among these parts. Oh well.

great post $$$$
    you're welcome in my neck of the woods anytime Pops...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

"As long as Ben stays healthy" we have a chance to win a SB every year.... but if the D doesn't show up or plays like we are in Denver and it's 2009 we could have a long season.

The D is still the key to our success. We aren't winning any shoot outs anytime soon IMO.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    "As long as Ben stays healthy" we have a chance to win a SB every year.... but if the D doesn't show up or plays like we are in Denver and it's 2009 we could have a long season.

The D is still the key to our success. We aren't winning any shoot outs anytime soon IMO.
    You've got an "AMEN" from me on that front. Ben is a big part of things, but there is a lot that has to go right in order to have a championship season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY GOUK View Post
    Easy Rob.... proliferation of the same ignorance via personal attacks not a good idea.

You are of course right. I apologize.

Legend

User Info Menu

Im cancelling DirectTV then if we havn't got a chance......
    Of course this is a message board, but you have to be prepared to take it no matter what you post w/o overreacting.
    You start a thread w/o backing it up.
    You are entitled to an opinion but put some reasoning behind your post.
    My 2 cents

Rookie

User Info Menu

I agree. Anyone can post an opinion on a message board, but that opens you up to merciless ridicule...

BTW, you can ridicule mercilessly and still be civil....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pops8 View Post
    Is it really required to have a gushing and glowing opinion to be welcome here? Is it really not okay to look at the team and be concerned?

What is more likely? We go 19-0 this year or the team has to struggle through:
    1. DD injury
    2. Mendy injury with IRed showing early nicks.
    3. Wallace Drama
    4. New Offense
    5. Question about Foote in the middle
    6. Clark aging and unable to play in Denver; Troy P. in his 30's
    7. JH and Worilds not yet at full tilt
    8. Gilbert struggling early
    9. Questions at CB across for Ike

to name but a few

It is far more realistic to look at this team's barnacles and think there are choppy seas ahead rather than insisting everything is fine and predict a 19-0 record. Saying so doesn't make me a pessimist or chicken little, it makes me a realist with my eyes open. Telling someone their post is ****ing stupid because one doesn't agree with the OP is childish.

I do think the team is talented and I do think the team will be okay in the long run. There are few teams in the league that could overcome such early adversity; the Steelers are one of those teams. However, it is quite possible that this team is primed for a sluggish start and a couple more injuries could easily send the season into the tank. Pointing to the possibility doesn't make me a hater and it certainly doesn't mean I am rooting or hoping for a bad outcome. But some fans won't like to hear it so the response will be to attack the poster instead of looking at the source of the concerns and shedding positive light on how the team might overcome those concerns. Typical.

I guess with that, I won't be really welcome among these parts. Oh well.
    I gotta call you out on that #5 and #9 BS :P

Re: #5 - Larry Foote is an awesome football player. Way underrated. He's small and slow, but makes up for it with instincts. He's always been a steady eddy. He's one of the guys I have supreme confidence we can count on to perform well. He's never gonna be great, but a very solid player that will do what needs to be done play in and play out.

Re: #9 - I think Lewis and Allen have really stepped up in this preseason and our CBs are gonna be the strength of our defense. We've now got 3 big corners that can press. And Lebeau started to show it a little this preseason. Cortez is looking like he has the potential to be the best player in our secondary since the Woodsen and Lake days. This trio being big and able to press is gonna help us get pressure.

From what I've seen so far, I think the questions are still the same. Can the Steelers control the LOS? Get to the QB and protect the QB. That's why we couldn't get turnovers and why we can't keep Ben healthy for the playoffs.

Same questions as last year really.

Cause at the end of the day, Ben + Defense = Championships.