Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So is Wallace reporting or...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Wallace to sign tender Tuesday

SteelersXtreme.com

Finally, there's going to be a tender moment between Mike Wallace and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

After almost an entire off-season of drama, speculation, rumors, and conflicting reports, Wallace will finally end his holdout with the Steelers on Tuesday and will sign his 1-year, $2.74 million tender offer, according to Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Network. Earlier today, Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review also posted on Twitter that Wallace would be returning Tuesday.

After he signs the tender offer, Wallace will be able to return to the negotiating table with the Steelers' front office and attempt to secure a long-term contract with the team before the start of the regular season. The Steelers historically do not negotiate contracts after the regular season starts, so the Pro Bowl receiver will have until the first game of the 2012 season, Sept. 9, to sign a new deal; otherwise, he'll be playing for his tender amount and will become an unrestricted free agent after the season.

Read more: [url]http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t3194-wallace-to-sign-tender-tuesday[/url]
    Last edited by bayz101; 08-27-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

PITTSBURGH -- Wide receiver Mike Wallace hasn't participated in any of the Pittsburgh Steelers' offseason activities, but he'll arrive in town Monday night and report to the team facility Tuesday, two team sources confirmed.

Wallace has not signed his $2.742 million restricted free-agent tender.

NFL.com and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport recently reported Wallace had informed some of his Steelers teammates that he intended to rejoin the team this past weekend.

Read more: [url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055338/article/mike-wallace-to-rejoin-pittsburgh-steelers-on-tuesday?module=HP11_headline_stack[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

MONDAY, 27 AUGUST 2012 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Keenan Lewis, Mike Wallace’s close friend and former high school teammate, told me today that he expects Wallace to be at the team’s facility some time today. Now, that could be anytime between now and 7 p.m. for all we know.

Wallace is in town and ready to report, but apparently hasn’t actually signed, you know, his contract. Until he does that, nothing happens. What he’s waiting for is anyone’s guess. Maybe he wants to wait until after 4 p.m. so there would be no way they could put him in Thursday’s game after the three-day waiting period (it starts Tuesday if it happens after 4 p.m. today).

The Steelers, though, aren’t going to throw him into Thursday’s game without benefit of practice. How would that benefit them?

[URL]https://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/117782-ed-surgery-will-determine-extent-of-decastros-injuries[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I just don't get his methods. What was he thinking? I hope this works out.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I just hope he signs and all of this goes away with a 99 yard TD pass in Denver
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I just hope he signs and all of this goes away with a 99 yard TD pass in Denver

Or two.

Or three.....
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree. In hindsight, they should have lowered is tender offer when they had the chance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Whatever. Wallace has to do whatever he has to do. Just show up and ball like you're capable. And have your best season ever and help us win #7.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    I agree. In hindsight, they should have lowered is tender offer when they had the chance.
    what would that have accomplished?

if I were wallace and they had done that, I wouldn't have reported until week 10 and got my service year.

by not doing it, the steelers made it worth it for wallace to come in and play a full season. Another rational decision from the FO. And for all those who want to roll their eyes and puff their chest out about wallace being soft and scared to get injured, look no further than david decastro.

Too many knee jerk reactions around here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

Too many knee jerk reactions around here.
    we are fans. that's how we're supposed to react. let the FO do what they do, and we'll do what we do, and wallace will do what he does. and it'll all come together somehow like it always does