Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Our 1st two picks in the 2012 draft were for nothing

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    Not alot of second round tackles start year 1 for contending teams. If he eventually starts, then we win. He's likely never going to be a super stud tackle. He was NEVER rated that high. But he can become a Marvel Smith type.
    Before the draft, lots of folks rated him with a first round grade - from what I read several teams had a first round grade on the guy. He dropped for off field issues.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    we should have drafted more defense

those guys play right away!!!

lol
    OK, you were joking. I was gonna say, almost no d rookies play in Pgh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not alot of second round tackles start year 1 for contending teams. If he eventually starts, then we win. He's likely never going to be a super stud tackle. He was NEVER rated that high. But he can become a Marvel Smith type.
    A Marvel Smith type tackle would be great. He was an above-average left tackle for the better part of a decade. I'll gladly take that. I don't think that anybody sees Adams as a Jack Long/Joe Thomas/William Roaf type elite LT, but he can be a well-above average LT with perhaps a pro bowl or two sprinkled in.

Legend

User Info Menu

well, Mike Adams and Marvel Smith do both like to get high...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha