Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kicker?

Administrator

User Info Menu

I'd much rather have Hrappman. I do not feel confident at all if Sushi has to come in to kick a game winner.

And Sushi simply doesn't have the leg to kick in Heinz Field. Period.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hrappman is cut. Just heard on 93.7.

Kindle

Legend

User Info Menu

Rackers, Cundiff and Josh Brown are among the veteran kickers that have been released. I've always liked Rackers, but he's getting up in years and has been inside or in mild climates for a while. Could be worth a look.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng View Post
    Hrappman is cut. Just heard on 93.7.

Kindle
    Got a text confirming he's been cut. Looks like another season of Suisham.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Got a text confirming he's been cut. Looks like another season of Suisham.
    Noooooooo!
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Neil Rackers has been cut in Washington.

YES PLEASE!

Legend

User Info Menu

The Redskins cut both Neil Rackers and Graham Gano and signed ex-Raven Billy Cundiff.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Redskins cut both Neil Rackers and Graham Gano and signed ex-Raven Billy Cundiff.
    Gano was 31 of 41 in 2011 with a long FG of 59 yards...he also had a better pct. of touchbacks than Suisham. Maybe he is worth a quick look?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel View Post
    Gano was 31 of 41 in 2011 with a long FG of 59 yards...he also had a better pct. of touchbacks than Suisham. Maybe he is worth a quick look?

from an article I read, 5 of those 10 misses were blocked. Had he hit all 5 of those, 36/41 would be a very solid season. The only questions is whether they were blocked due to bad kicking trajectory or terrible blocking???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I found video of a blocked FG and XP against the Seahawks and also a blocked FG against the Colts. On all three the right side of the line just got blown up and the kicks were easily blocked. Certainly can't fault Gano for those, and if it was that bad 3 times, it likely was that bad 3 more.