Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kicker?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Kicker?

Rats cut cundiff.... Would like real good up this way

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not even sure he's got any more leg than Sushi.

I started wondering last night when the K and P competition seemed to be clearly decided if the personal differences between Tomlin and our ST coach were over who's gonna be our K and/or P.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm not even sure he's got any more leg than Sushi.

I started wondering last night when the K and P competition seemed to be clearly decided if the personal differences between Tomlin and our ST coach were over who's gonna be our K and/or P.
    by Ed Bouchette

Sunday Aug. 26, 2012

--- Drew Butler has punted well enough to make the team. After back surgery early in training camp, Jeremy Kapinos still hasn’t punted.

--- Only one field goal was tried in Buffalo and Tomlin let rookie Daniel Hrapmann again kick it. He again made it from 40 yards to give him a perfect 5-for-5 this summer. Shaun Suisham has made both of his field goal tries. It appears they are giving Hrapmann every chance to unseat the veteran.

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/117769-ed-leftwich-as-good-as-no-2-gets[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Im good with Butler but from what ive read, Hrapmann kind of sucked in college? Maybe his leg has grown some over the year, i dont know...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Im good with Butler but from what ive read, Hrapmann kind of sucked in college? Maybe his leg has grown some over the year, i dont know...
    Yes, even if he turns out to be horrible... I prefer the horrible guy where the needle is presumably pointed up vs. the horrible guy with more experience.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was watching the TB vs NE game today and Tampa has a kicker that looks really good. He made a 53 yarder and a 55 yarder today. They said he is perfect in the pre-season and this game was to showcase his talent for other teams to see since he wasn't unseating Connor Barth. I think the guys name is Forbath. He's only 5' 7" tall but he has a big leg on FGs. I didn't pay a lot of attention to his kickoffs but he might be worth a look see. Anything is better than Sushi.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think that is probably Kai Forbath you are referring to. He was a pretty big name coming out a couple of years ago.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Danny Hrappman had a great season in 2010 (1st-team Walter Camp All-American selection, finalist for the Lou Groza Award as the nation's best kicker) going 26-31 on FGs with his longest FG coming from 54 yards for an 83.9 FG % . In 2011 Hrappman had a poor season but a lot of that was due to a nagging injury he tried to play through.

now that Hrappman is healthy again, perhaps he will revert back to his 2010 form. he certainly has looked good so far this pre-season...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks HS that eases my concern somewhat. In Tomlin we trust!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here's the Scouting report on the new Steelers Kicker:

Draft Scout Snapshot:
    2010: First-team All-America by the Walter Camp Foundation, first USM All-American since Ray Guy in 1972 … First-team All-Conference USA selection at place kicker ... Lou Groza Award finalist, two-time Groza Award "Star of the Week" for the East Carolina and Tulane games as well as the C-USA's Special Teams Player of the Week following the ECU tilt ... Converted 26-of-31 field goals, 8-11 from 40-plus yards, and all 55 of his PAT attempts ... third nationally in made field goals per game (2.00) and four in scoring (10.23) ... Tops Conference USA in field goal percentage (86.7%) ... Established a school record with five field goals against East Carolina ... Made career-long 54-yard field goal against UAB and had a made 59-yarder against Houston negated by a late timeout call ... Also handles kickoff duties and averages 63.1 yards per kickoff over 88 attempts in 2010, including six touchbacks ... Punted five times for an average of 43.0 yards and a long of 55 and ran for 19 yards on a fake punt deep in the Golden Eagles' own end late against East Carolina. 2009: Played in all 13 games during season … Handled kickoff duties all season and took over place kicking and field goal duties at Houston … Had 75 kickoffs for 4,521 yards (60.3 kick avg.) and five touchbacks … Was 2-of-5 in field goals and 14-of-18 in point-after-touchdown attempts … Hit a season-long, 29-yard field goal at Houston. 2008: Sat out after transferring to Southern Miss. 2007: Made only two extra point attempts in his first year at Southeastern Louisiana … Played in all 11 games for the Lions, primarily handling kickoff duties.