Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blitz71burgh71 View Post
    Is this supposed to be sarcasm ?
    ignorance...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I agree. We have had a sufficient sample size to determine this...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    We can hve Dwyer get the easy yards while Redman gets the tough ones...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can you imagine if they didn't have the dropsy's early on? I think that there were at least three passes that Ben threw on the money that weren't caught.

Legend

User Info Menu

Big Ben shreds Buffalo Bills on 98-yard scoring drive

By Marc Sessler
    Published: Aug. 25, 2012

With 15 days to go until his team plays a meaningful game, Ben Roethlisberger already was in regular-season mode.

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback sunk a knife into the Buffalo Bills on Saturday night with a two-minute drill for the (preseason) ages.

Starting on Pittsburgh's 2-yard line with just 1:46 remaining in the first half, Big Ben marched the Steelers on an 11-play, 98-yard drive in 1:33, capped by a 6-yard touchdown strike to Antonio Brown. Roethlisberger was 7-for-8 passing for 92 yards on a frantic run in which Bills coach Chan Gailey seemed to age seven years.

Roethlisberger's touchdown toss gave Pittsburgh a seven-point lead at halftime, and they eventually won 38-7.

"Well, I called the plays, and I can see what's going on defense," Roethlisberger told NFL.com and NFL Network's Kimberly Jones at halftime. "Guys made great plays. We had a running back make a catch on the sideline like a receiver. We utilized the middle of the field, guys got out of bounds and it saved us time. We only had one timeout, and we didn't have to use it until we got all the way down. So I think it was a pretty successful drive for us."

We've been beaten to near-death with cautionary words about offensive coordinator Todd Haley's run-heavy attack. When it mattered Saturday night, the Steelers' offense became Big Ben's playground. And that's really when this team shines.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000054874/article/big-ben-shreds-buffalo-bills-on-98yard-scoring-drive[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's in Haley's best interest to unleash Ben. Just go no huddle all game.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Nice drive at the end of the half.

Dwyer is proving he has more of an impact than Redman.
    Too bad possibly one of the greatest drives in Steeler history had to be used in a pre-season game.

If they were both on the field at the same time would that not solve the problem --if there is one? Last year the fans talked "Pony" backfield. In the past there has been talk of "Jumbo" backfields. But they never happen. Wonder why?