Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 92

Thread: No Not Decastro

  1. #61
    this could end up being a tough call for the steelers.

    do you shut him down and not risk it, banking on decastros long term future or hope to get 4-6 games and a playoff run out of him.

    I could see the reasoning behind either side.

  2. #62
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    this could end up being a tough call for the steelers.

    do you shut him down and not risk it, banking on decastros long term future or hope to get 4-6 games and a playoff run out of him.

    I could see the reasoning behind either side.
    I think if the patella tendon damage is minor enough, they keep him on the PUP and chance it.

  3. #63
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,722
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I think if the patella tendon damage is minor enough, they keep him on the PUP and chance it.

    DeCastro is ineligible for the PUP list since he was healthy when camp started. the Steelers will have to either carry him on the 53-man roster while he rehabs or place him on season-ending IR.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Looks like the ACL is fine. We should have him back for both of those Ravens games and the stretch-run to the playoffs, if all goes well.


    Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    I was misinformed on David DeCastro's knee. His MCL is torn, but -- I checked back -- he has other knee damage, but not torn ACL
    Depends on the amount of damage done to the patellar tendon.

  5. #65
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    DeCastro is ineligible for the PUP list since he was healthy when camp started. the Steelers will have to either carry him on the 53-man roster while he rehabs or place him on season-ending IR.

    welllll....that just sucks. I was thinking you had to be on it to start the regular season.

  6. #66
    Well this report doesn't tell us much other than its possible DeCastro might not be out for the season. It all depends on the amount of damage done to the MCL, and the patellar tendon. If its a grade 1 or 2 MCL tear with an incomplete patellar tear and no surgery is needed...then 6 weeks might be enough. But if the patellar tendon is a complete tear that is a bigger deal than the MCL. That would mean surgery and he is out the season. I'm hoping we get some more details soon.

  7. #67
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,846
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Nfl network is wrong a lot too. Didn't they hire sapp?
    That mofo Sapp was smiling like a fat kid in a candy store when they reported the injury to DeCastro during a live look-in on NFLN.

  8. #68
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    That mofo Sapp was smiling like a fat kid in a candy store when they reported the injury to DeCastro during a live look-in on NFLN.
    Seriously, I noticed that too. And I'm not one of those who usually hates on Sapp.

    On a related note, Marcell Dareus is a BEAST. He caved in DeCastro & Pouncey like they were Brian Blankenship & Chuki Okobbi.

  9. #69
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Well this report doesn't tell us much other than its possible DeCastro might not be out for the season. It all depends on the amount of damage done to the MCL, and the patellar tendon. If its a grade 1 or 2 MCL tear with an incomplete patellar tear and no surgery is needed...then 6 weeks might be enough. But if the patellar tendon is a complete tear that is a bigger deal than the MCL. That would mean surgery and he is out the season. I'm hoping we get some more details soon.
    thanks for the medguy report. I was hoping you'd make your way over here to confirm my initial estimates. I'm optimistic that the lack of outright detail about a serious and season-ending injury from the start means that it isn't quite so serious and they are working on coming up with a timeline so that they can get him back on the field this yera.

  10. #70
    There normally has to be a waiting period for the swelling to subside before accurate MRIs can be taken...

    I hope it's not the patellar...that's what pretty much ended Greg lloyd's career, IIRC...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •