Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: No Not Decastro

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    David DeCastro tears MCL; ACL OK

Updated: August 26, 2012
    By Adam Schefter | ESPN

Pittsburgh Steelers right guard David DeCastro dislocated his knee cap, tore his medial collateral ligament and suffered some damage to his patellar tendon. But his anterior cruciate ligament is intact, according to sources.

Steelers' Shuffling Line

David DeCastro's injury is a blow to the Steelers, who had hoped to stabilize their offensive line after using the most combinations of linemen in the NFL last season.

Different Starters

Steelers 25 9
    Patriots 20 10
    Seahawks 20 8

The team is unsure if the 2012 first-round draft pick will be able to return this season after receiving the results of his MRI on Sunday.

DeCastro was hurt while pass blocking as Pittsburgh faced third-and-8 at its 6-yard line on its second possession in Saturday night's preseason game against the Buffalo Bills. DeCastro's right leg twisted beneath him after being bowled over by defensive tackle Marcell Dareus.

DeCastro, the 24th overall selection out of Stanford who started Saturday's game over Ramon Foster, lay in the end zone for a few minutes as trainers worked on his leg. He briefly got up on his own, but was unable to put any weight on his right leg. He took a few hops before trainers stopped him and called for a cart.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...mcl-acl-intact
    Even if the ACL is intact, that's a lot of damage to the knee. It'll be interesting to see what the Steelers do.....IR or hold a roster spot to see how he recovers. I'm not sure how much a rookie can contribute if he misses most of the season, so I'd be tempted to place him on IR and let him heal.

OT - can someone fix the time stamp for the posts? It's not 6:00 pm. (Sorry, I'm in a bad mood, so I'm going to nitpick everything today. )

Pittsburgh Steelers rookie guard David DeCastro has torn his anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament in his right knee, a source with knowledge of his condition confirmed Sunday.

An MRI revealed that DeCastro, the Steelers' first-round draft pick, suffered the season-ending injury on the team's second drive of the game against Buffalo Bills in Saturday's 38-7 victory.

Ian Rapoport..NFL Network..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler
    DAMN..just DAMN....

Legend
    I'm still waiting to hear the final confirmation. I think I remember one of the replays on the Buffalo broadcast showing him land on the outside, but his foot wasn't caught in the turf. It looked like it would be a really hard way to tear and ACL. If he did, maybe it's not that bad. Maybe it's a small tear that could heal?

Pro Bowler
    Damn. Was hoping for some good news.

Looks like my war on preseason games will continue....

DeCastro tears MCL, possibly ACL

SteelersXtreme.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers drafted David DeCastro to help protect Ben Roethlisberger. But there was no one to protect DeCastro from injury as his rookie season possibly came to an end.

The rookie guard suffered a knee injury in the first quarter of the third preseason game Saturday night against the Buffalo Bills. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, David DeCastro dislocated his knee cap, tore his medial collateral ligament and suffered some damage to his patellar tendon, but his ACL was intact. A conflicting report however by NFL.com writer Ian Rapoport claims that DeCastro tore both his ACL and MCL, with no mention of his knee-cap or damage to his Patellar tendon.

The Steelers selected DeCastro in the first round of the 2012 draft to help shore up an offensive line that has struggled in recent years. DeCastro, who played guard at Stanford, was projected to go much higher in the draft but fell to the Steelers in the 24th spot.

http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

----------------------------------------------------------

Conflicting reports, guys.

No matter how you slice it, he's done for the season.. In Reality.

Foster will be fine at RG for 2012..No choice in the matter now. We'll be fine as long as Colon doesn't go down.. Steelers were smart to sign Starks when they did..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine

SteelersXtreme.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers drafted David DeCastro to help protect Ben Roethlisberger. But there was no one to protect DeCastro from injury as his rookie season possibly came to an end.

The rookie guard suffered a knee injury in the first quarter of the third preseason game Saturday night against the Buffalo Bills. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, DeCastro dislocated his knee cap, tore his medial collateral ligament and suffered some damage to his patellar tendon, but his ACL is intact. A conflicting report by NFL.com writer Ian Rapoport claimed that DeCastro tore both his ACL and MCL, which has since been retracted.

The Steelers selected DeCastro in the first round of the 2012 draft to help shore up an offensive line that has struggled in recent years. DeCastro, who played guard at Stanford, was projected to go much higher in the draft but fell to the Steelers in the 24th spot.

http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

-------------------------------------------

Turns out his ACL is fine, as NFL.com has retracted the original report. Good news, but I still see DeCastro sitting out this year.

Looks like the ACL is fine. We should have him back for both of those Ravens games and the stretch-run to the playoffs, if all goes well.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    I was misinformed on David DeCastro's knee. His MCL is torn, but -- I checked back -- he has other knee damage, but not torn ACL

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    There is really no telling how long the recovery process is from that Espn report, although they said just patella tendon damage and didn't mention a full tear. The patella is the knee cap. It is basically a floating bone overtop of the knee joint and is connected to the quad muscles and the tibia (shin bone) by tendons on both ends. It typically dislocates to the outside and can be very painful. There are things that can be added on to the mcl brace to help hold it in place, but the recovery time from that is really going to all be based on how severe the damage was.
    That explains the extreme pain. So that's a wrench in the chain right there. Hard telling. Hope for the best!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!