Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Trade Rumors – Mike Wallace to Indianapolis Colts?

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL Trade Rumors – Mike Wallace to Indianapolis Colts?

It has been a roller coaster NFL off-season for Mike Wallace of the Pittsburgh Steelers, but that all could end soon if recent reports of the young wide receiver being dealt to the Indianapolis Colts are true.

Colts owner Jim Irsay did the breaking news himself on Twitter with several mentions of a blockbuster deal possibly happening before the start of the season. He mentions that the team is looking into adding a serious veteran starter to help on offense and several high draft picks could be used in the deal.

Most experts believe that Maurice Jones-Drew is the player in question, but the Colts don't use the running game much and a stud receiver would help rookie quarterback Andrew Luck and his confidence. Bleacher Report writer Ian Hanford has suggested that Wallace is the target and with all the salary issues the youngster has had with Pittsburgh, a deal to move to the Colts would be a great move for him and the team.

The NFL doesn't have too many big name players changing uniforms, especially this close to the start of the season, but this could help the Steelers inside the locker-room and the Colts on the field, but compensation will become a big issue if this deal takes place.

[url]http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981577963[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Update: While we hate to rain on your parade, Colts fans, Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com has tweeted that the Colts are not talking to the Steelers about Wallace. La Canfora cites "multiple sources."
    ================================================== ========================================
    Maybe Wallace will be a Steeler after all.........
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would rather have Wallace on the field with us, but I would take multiple high draft choices for him any day of the week. If the front office really values him, he'll be here. If not, maximize his trade value and parlay it into some new cornerstones. I trust Colbert's prowess at the top of the draft without question.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It will be MJD if anyone.

The first article cites that the Colts don't use the running game much? Which Colts? The ones with Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, and Dallas Clark?

They have Arians as the OC now and a rookie QB. I don't believe for a second that they wouldn't love to have MJD to ease the load on Luck.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Colts would never get MJD. There is a Junior College TE out there somewhere that Brucie is drooling over instead.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Is there a "Must trade by this date" kind of deadline?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Week 6 I think it is.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pure Speculation!! Not sayin' it's not possible, but I'm also gonna say it's not probable.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    It will be MJD if anyone.

The first article cites that the Colts don't use the running game much? Which Colts? The ones with Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, and Dallas Clark?

They have Arians as the OC now and a rookie QB. I don't believe for a second that they wouldn't love to have MJD to ease the load on Luck.
    This also means that their D won't have to play him twice a year too. I expect the Colts will look a bit different than in years past. With all the changes it would be hard not to.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Any chance we could get their first rounder? It would be a good one. Probably top 10. Colts aren't exactly stacked this year.
    We are retooling our OL and DL, so this may not be a SB run. Wallace is gonna be a puss all year.