Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Players Say Jimmy Hate is the Most Violent, Dangerous Man in the League

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

NFL Players Say Jimmy Hate is the Most Violent, Dangerous Man in the League

I love it!

[URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/24/in-poll-of-players-james-harrison-named-most-violent-dangerous/"]In poll of players, James Harrison named “most violent, dangerous”[/URL]

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 24, 2012, 4:08 PM EDT

The belief that Steelers linebacker [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/665/james-harrison"]James Harrison[/URL] is a violent and dangerous player isn’t just a creation of the sports media or the opinion of Roger Goodell. It’s also shared by many of his colleagues.

In an ESPN poll that asked NFL players, “Who is the most violent, dangerous player in the NFL?” Harrison was the runaway winner, with 67.5 percent of the vote. Ravens linebacker [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2246/ray-lewis"]Ray Lewis[/URL] came in second, at 10 percent.
    An interesting follow-up question would have been whether players view the “most violent, dangerous player” as someone to shun or someone to admire. The league office has repeatedly fined — and even suspended — Harrison for his helmet-to-helmet hits, but it’s probably safe to say that Harrison would wear the “most violent, dangerous player” designation as a badge of honor.
    In fact, Harrison and Goodell might even find some common ground in saying that Harrison’s reputation as the “most violent, dangerous player” is a reputation he deserves.

Legend

User Info Menu

how can this possibly be true?

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I love me some Harrison. But is he really more dangerous than Suh and Ngata?

Harrison's a great player, but I'm not even sure he hits as hard as Clark, Timmons. Not even as hard as old man Farrior.

Harrison's a beast. He gets leverage. He gets sacks. He forces fumbles like a machine when he's on his game. He's tough as nails. He's fearless. I'm just not sure he lives up to this reputation.

I think Harrison's a softie that gets a bad rap. Then you take a guy like Clark who's nice as can be and I think he wants to murder someone on the field the way he has no care about his own body. That seems more dangerous to me.

But the big fast DLinemen seem like the ones to really fear.

Starter

User Info Menu

I would wager that every player that voted for him would also love to have on their team.

It's going to be interesting to see how the replacement refs deal with his style of play this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I love me some Harrison. But is he really more dangerous than Suh and Ngata?

Harrison's a great player, but I'm not even sure he hits as hard as Clark, Timmons. Not even as hard as old man Farrior.

Harrison's a beast. He gets leverage. He gets sacks. He forces fumbles like a machine when he's on his game. He's tough as nails. He's fearless. I'm just not sure he lives up to this reputation.

I think Harrison's a softie that gets a bad rap. Then you take a guy like Clark who's nice as can be and I think he wants to murder someone on the field the way he has no care about his own body. That seems more dangerous to me.

But the big fast DLinemen seem like the ones to really fear.
    I just don't see this at all. Clark? Timmons? Suh- maaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oh, for the record- Ray Lewis calls James Harrison "Sir."

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Of course players can't possibly be influenced by all the times they watched the shot on McCoy over and over and over again last year. No way the media could bias players. No way.

Of course, no word on which or how many players were asked the question. I suspect if you asked ten Browns, Bengals, and Ravens offensive players you would get these kind of results. Would they be the same if you asked ten Green Bay players? No way ESPN could bias the results with selective polling. No way.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pops8 View Post
    Of course players can't possibly be influenced by all the times they watched the shot on McCoy over and over and over again last year. No way the media could bias players. No way.

Of course, no word on which or how many players were asked the question. I suspect if you asked ten Browns, Bengals, and Ravens offensive players you would get these kind of results. Would they be the same if you asked ten Green Bay players? No way ESPN could bias the results with selective polling. No way.
    They are more likely influenced by the shear verocity of his play. You would be wise to keep your skepticism to yourself, because I guarantee there are dark shadows which intersect your world in myriad locales. Jimmy Hate lives in those shadows.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm hoping Peyton is in that 67%. I hope Mr. Hate is in Peyton's head right now. A 51-10 smack down of the Donkeys would make my whole week.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    I'm hoping Peyton is in that 67%. I hope Mr. Hate is in Peyton's head right now. A 51-10 smack down of the Donkeys would make my whole week.
    Lombardi #7 would make my year