Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the chances?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What are the chances?

With Wallace coming in late, what are the odds that he gets injured either in the preseason and at the start of the season? How many times have you seen guys come in later and promptly get injured because they try to run when out of shape? And don't forget, you can be "in shape" without being in "football shape." Chances are that he is going to tweak something. But, he will probably recover and be fine, we just might miss him for a few games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallace won't be able to play in any of the preseason games so the odds of him getting hurt then are zero.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I've heard guys that wait this long to show up tend to not be productive that season. Not sure if that's true or not. Think I heard someone talking about it on the radio during the last week or so in reference to Wallace and MJD.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I've heard guys that wait this long to show up tend to not be productive that season. Not sure if that's true or not. Think I heard someone talking about it on the radio during the last week or so in reference to Wallace and MJD.
    If he isn't productive it will be because he has visions of Woodrows dancing in his head.... waiting on free agency next season.one-hundred-thousand-100000-dollar-bill-thumb.jpg
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 08-23-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He may be in BETTER shape by missing the hits and redundancies of camp. I hear he's been working out on his own.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    He may be in BETTER shape by missing the hits and redundancies of camp. I hear he's been working out on his own.
    Not on his own...with renowned conditioning guru Tom Shaw in Orlando. That's where Ike Taylor spends every offseason training, and I do not ever recall Ike Taylor missing even a single game due to injury in his entire career.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Not on his own...with renowned conditioning guru Tom Shaw in Orlando. That's where Ike Taylor spends every offseason training, and I do not ever recall Ike Taylor missing even a single game due to injury in his entire career.
    Of course. Still on his own and outside of the organization.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If he isn't productive it will be because he has visions of Woodrows dancing in his head.... waiting on free agency next season.one-hundred-thousand-100000-dollar-bill-thumb.jpg
    If hes waiting on FA, he'd best be productive. Hard to negotiate a Fitzgerald-like contract with a season and a half of poor production on your resume.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm too lazy to look now, but is there any kind of article that shows any empirical evidence that those who miss camp are more likely to get hurt or be unproductive? It wasn't my impression that it would be the case, but I've been wrong before.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm too lazy to look now, but is there any kind of article that shows any empirical evidence that those who miss camp are more likely to get hurt or be unproductive? It wasn't my impression that it would be the case, but I've been wrong before.
    Here's an article I found when doing a quick search:
    [url]http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/41022/125/holdout-history[/url]

Might be some fantasy football article on this stuff that's more comprehensive. Some FF gurus probably know the impact of this sort of thing better than the rest of us.