Thread: What injury occured to RB Ford?

Backup

User Info Menu

What injury occured to RB Ford?

937 the fan is reporting he is out this week

Legend

User Info Menu

Must be the water.

Rainey's gonna be the only man left standing. And he's the one that took a shot that looked like it about killed him last week.

Backup

User Info Menu

Redman is back this week and Dwyer is healthy again. I think Redman and Dwyer could carry the running game this season and predict they will run better than mendenhall in my opinion.

Starter

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/starks-redman-will-start-against-buffalo-650338/[/URL]

This article confirms Ford is out. Jerrod Johnson will not play. Max is in.

This article also pretty much gives an insight to the projected Steelers plans for 2012. I was going to paraphrase the article and comment but decided against it. Better to just read it and draw your own conclusions.

Well, 1 comment: Understandably, a 100% Redman should start this game, but I did think it should have suggested Dwyer would get some time with the 1st team also. He has earned that. But, we will see how things unfold Saturday.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Looks like Jerrod Johnson will be playing the entire game next week then. Any chance Ford makes the team? I would hope we can park the miniBus in the PS garage in case our RB corp get depleted again this year.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

I swear it's like every RB on our team read Jerome Bettis' chapter about faking an injury to stay on the team...

Are players getting soft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Just building the case to "stash" Ford on either IR or PS. If he isn't playing other teams can't assess him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

• Tomlin said RB Jason Ford (hamstring), LB James Harrison (knee), Mendenhall (knee) and LB Stevenson Sylvester (knee) will not make the trip to Buffalo. NT Casey Hampton (knee/elbow) will travel with the team but is unlikely to play.

• Tomlin said the first team will play at least the first half against the Bills and quarterback Jerrod Johnson will not play.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2459359-85/johnson-knee-steelers-yet-field-haven-mendenhall-receivers-redman-running[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Disappointed about Jerod as an Aggie fan AND cause I think he has value. I guess Batch and Lefty sat out a game each already as well. But that's cause we know what they can do. Jerod needs snaps. Will be fun to watch him play most of the last game if that is the case, at least a half.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    Disappointed about Jerod as an Aggie fan AND cause I think he has value. I guess Batch and Lefty sat out a game each already as well. But that's cause we know what they can do. Jerod needs snaps. Will be fun to watch him play most of the last game if that is the case, at least a half.
    I suspect that will be the case. This weekend, Ben will likely play into the early portion of the 3rd quarter, with Lefty finishing up the 3rd, and Charlie taking the 4th. Next weekend, Ben might only get one series, and Jerrod Johnson should have at least the 2nd half to himself, I would imagine.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.