Thread: James Harrison thinks he will be ready for opening night

Legend

User Info Menu

James Harrison thinks he will be ready for opening night

Harrison thinks he will be ready for opening night

By Tribune-Review
    Published: Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Steelers linebacker James Harrison streches with Max Starks at St. Vincent College Aug. 12, 2012

Steelers linebacker James Harrison thinks he’ll be ready to play in the season-opening game Sept. 9 in Denver, even though he hasn’t practiced in pads since last season.

Harrison has been on the physically unable to perform list with a left knee injury since training camp started July 25. He tried doing conditioning work shortly after camp began but, in his words, “the knee blew up” and he needed arthroscopic surgery last week.

Harrison will try working each day to see how his knee feels. He doesn’t believe he needs much on-field time to be ready.

“I might need a little prep, we got a couple of new things (on defense), but other than that I think I’ll be all right,” Harrison said Tuesday. “You’ve got to get back in timing with the other guys and everything else, and a few days of practice would help.”

As for any long-term problems with the knee, Harrison isn’t concerned because he was told the surgery would repair the damage.

“I’m not worried about it,” Harrison said as the Steelers resumed practicing at their South Side complex. Training camp ended Friday, two days before they beat the Colts 26-24 in a preseason game.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2447239-85/harrison-knee-camp-ready-game-opening-season-steelers-surgery-thinks?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_c ampaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

FWIW I don't think that we can rely on James when it comes to questions about when he will return from injury. He is always way to optimistic about his health. According to him he should have been on the field a couple of weeks ago, not having surgery.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    FWIW I don't think that we can rely on James when it comes to questions about when he will return from injury. He is always way to optimistic about his health. According to him he should have been on the field a couple of weeks ago, not having surgery.
    I agree. Another injury and I think this is the last season we see Harrison. With his hyper-physical style of play he will just do more damage to himself...and others.

OLB is definitely an area we need to address.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Bouchette On Harrison’s Knee: He Is Not Going To Come Back Strong

August 21, 2012

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – Two games down, two games to go for the Steelers’ preseason schedule. To take a look at the team’s development, and some insight into the next couple weeks, the Fan Morning Show spoke with Post Gazette Beat Writer, and 93.7 The Fan Steelers Insider, Ed Bouchette.

James Harrison is likely to not make it back from his knee surgery in time for the season opener. Ed tells us this will hurt the star linebacker because he is a “workout warrior.”

This will hinder Harrison’s recovery because he will not be able to hit the weight room as frequently and rigorously as he usually does. When Harrison does return, Ed says, “he is not going to come back strong.”

Rashard Mendenhall and Casey Hampton have been taken off the PUP list and will be able to practice today.

As for Mendenhall, Ed tells us that he was taken off so that he could acclimated with the offense as much as possible. It is still unlikely that Mendenhall will be ready by week one.

However, Ed says that, by being taken off the PUP list, Mendenhall will now be able to take part in the team’s walkthroughs, and get some on-field prep with the offense.

[URL]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/08/21/bouchette-on-harrisons-knee-he-is-not-going-to-come-back-strong/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm going to predict that James has a monster season.

Hey, I haven't heard anyone else say that...and I figure there are enough folks saying you can just about stick a fork in him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I'm going to predict that James has a monster season.

Hey, I haven't heard anyone else say that...and I figure there are enough folks saying you can just about stick a fork in him.
    Its almost as if some people on this board are looking forward to the day that he is no longer on the team. One of the great NFL defenders of this era and Goodell's abrupt policy shifts have turned good Steeler fans against him. I guess we should revise history and vilify Jack Lambert too because they are the same type of INTIMIDATORS.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

This will hinder Harrison’s recovery because he will not be able to hit the weight room as frequently and rigorously as he usually does. When Harrison does return, Ed says, “he is not going to come back strong.”
    He can still do plenty of upper body work while rehabbing the knee. And when he is through, he can invite everyone to the gun show. And I don't mean this gun show:

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.