Thread: Who's Ready for Some Bills?

Legend

User Info Menu

Who's Ready for Some Bills?

THis should be a great test for our OLine. The only thing that really concerns me is Starks coming back to face Williams on a tough surface.

Seems he's coming back early.

It will also be interesting to see who starts where on O, D, ST. Can we get any reads on the season?

I also wonder if we'll work any on the passing game. Seemed like game 1 was screens. 2 was running. And game 3, do we see more of our O? Or does Haley protect Ben against a tough D front?

Legend

User Info Menu

Mario Williams will likely be lining up over Gilbert...Starks should face a steady diet of speed rusher Mark Anderson (who had 10 sacks with NE last season...his most since he had 12 as a rookie with the Bears in 2006).

It will also be interesting to see what Willie Colon does against Kyle Williams (if you remember, Kyle Williams ate Chris Kemoeatu for lunch when we played the Bills a couple of seasons ago).

And then in a matchup of highly touted youngsters, rookie David DeCastro vs. 2nd year player Marcell Dareus.

Should be...I was about to say fun, but that's not right...should be...educational. Informative. That's the ticket.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 08-25-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Mario Williams will likely be lining up over Gilbert...Starks should face a steady diet of speed rusher Mark Anderson (who had 10 sacks with NE last season...his most since he had 12 as a rookie with the Bears in 2006).

It will also be interesting to see what Willie Colon does against Kyle Williams (if you remember, Kyle Williams ate Chris Kemoeatu for lunch when we played the Bills a couple of seasons ago).

And then in a matchup of highly touted youngsters, rookie David DeCastro vs. 2nd year player Marcell Dareus.

Should be...I was about to say fun, but that's not right...should be...educational. Informative. That's the ticket.
    I got my sides confused. I worry more about our tackles now than I did before. I think Max would do better against a bigger and slower D End than a smaller and quicker guy right now because he's coming back from the ACL. And vice versa for Gilbert who's been a little off the last 2 games and may struggle against Williams. It may be such a matchup nightmare for him that folks might be saying Foster outplayed him at RT in the preseason.

I'm not worried at all about our interior line even though K Williams had a career game against us last time. I have a feeling we might have the best interior line in the history of Steelers football by the mid to later part of this season. I do think it will be a great learning experience and gauge to see where we're at and what we need to work on.