Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Rumor out of Jacksonville....You heard it here first!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    And I don't understand how Steeler fans can vilify Wallace for not being in camp (without a signed contract), but prefer a guy who is holding out of camp (with 2 years left on his contract).
    I know I'm looking at this wrong but I consider them both holdouts. Wallace has chosen to not sign his contract (1 year tender), therefore in my eyes he's also a holdout.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I know I'm looking at this wrong but I consider them both holdouts. Wallace has chosen to not sign his contract (1 year tender), therefore in my eyes he's also a holdout.
    That puzzles me. If he hasn't signed a contract, how is he a holdout? He hasn't agreed to anything to hold out of.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I don't look at it that way at all...to me your word is golden, and MJD has broken his word, while Wallace hasn't broken anything. Wallace is not under contract, and therefore is under no obligation to be here. The team cannot even fine him for missing camp, because he is not currently signed with the team. He's had production in his first 3 years that is as-good-or-better-than what the best receivers in the history of the game have done in their first 3 years, and only got paid at total of $1.7 million for it as a 3rd round pick. I can understand how a guy who has done what he has done would want more security than just a $2.7 payday, considering what other guys with less impressive resumes are getting paid. If Wallace plays for that tender this year, then Larry Foote (in the final year of a three-year, $9.3 million contract) will be making more money than Mike Wallace this year. Seriously...Wallace is an unmatched offensive weapon, while Foote may be our biggest liability on defense.

On the other hand, MJD signed a five-year, $30.95 million contract in 2009, with $17.5 million guaranteed, including a $9 million signing bonus and his base salaries in years one and two. Now that all that guaranteed money is gone, now he wants to sign another long-term deal with more guaranteed money, even though you still have 2 years left on your contract? That's bullcrap. The team should fine him the maximum that they can for every day he is not there while under contract.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

hell no...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't look at it that way at all...to me your word is golden, and MJD has broken his word, while Wallace hasn't broken anything. Wallace is not under contract, and therefore is under no obligation to be here. The team cannot even fine him for missing camp, because he is not currently signed with the team. He's had production in his first 3 years that is as-good-or-better-than what the best receivers in the history of the game have done in their first 3 years, and only got paid at total of $1.7 million for it as a 3rd round pick. I can understand how a guy who has done what he has done would want more security than just a $2.7 payday, considering what other guys with less impressive resumes are getting paid. If Wallace plays for that tender this year, then Larry Foote (in the final year of a three-year, $9.3 million contract) will be making more money than Mike Wallace this year. Seriously...Wallace is an unmatched offensive weapon, while Foote may be our biggest liability on defense.

On the other hand, MJD signed a five-year, $30.95 million contract in 2009, with $17.5 million guaranteed, including a $9 million signing bonus and his base salaries in years one and two. Now that all that guaranteed money is gone, now he wants to sign another long-term deal with more guaranteed money, even though you still have 2 years left on your contract? That's bullcrap. The team should fine him the maximum that they can for every day he is not there while under contract.
    Well said Ruthless.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And I don't understand how Steeler fans can vilify Wallace for not being in camp (without a signed contract), but prefer a guy who is holding out of camp (with 2 years left on his contract).
    +1

I agree.

MJD wants AP/Darren mcFadden/CJ money hence he is not happy even though he is under contract for 2 more yrs.

So some Steelers have no problem giving MJD 10 million/yr but there butt hurts when Wallace demands 10 million/yr or does not show up even though he is not under contract????

On top of that its easy to replace RB than WR. WR has more value in todays NFL.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    +1

I agree.

MJD wants AP/Darren mcFadden/CJ money hence he is not happy even though he is under contract for 2 more yrs.

So some Steelers have no problem giving MJD 10 million/yr but there butt hurts when Wallace demands 10 million/yr or does not show up even though he is not under contract????

On top of that its easy to replace RB than WR. WR has more value in todays NFL.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$