Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Rumor out of Jacksonville....You heard it here first!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Big Rumor out of Jacksonville....You heard it here first!!

According to my connections in the Jacksonville area, the only thing stopping a trade between the JAGUARS (M.J. Drew) and STEELERS (Mike Wallace) is getting both players to agree with Long Term Deals!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just Kidding!!
    I have no connections in Jacksonville!! except I can find it on Google maps.
    I'm bored. need a hobby!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I would love to have MJD in the black and gold.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jags fans want Wallace and they need a #1 WR for their young QB.
    Doubt the Steelers would be willing to give him the $$$

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would love MJD, ignoring contract numbers (which I know is hard to do). The problem would be the waste of talent that would result behind MJD, if you think Mendenhall, Redman, Dwyer (and even Rainey) have real NFL talent. Jones-Drew would never leave the field (because he is an outstanding pass-blocker/reciever), which means you basically have all those guys just lingering, sitting, waiting until Jones-Drew gets hurt. What a waste that would be.

Legend

User Info Menu

Done! I would take MJD over Wallace in milisecond and then trade Redman for another WR. Trading Redman would clear the logjam of players at RB. Getting MJD would also mean we don't need to spend big money to replace Mendy at the end of the season. Good things all around.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Done! I would take MJD over Wallace in milisecond and then trade Redman for another WR. Trading Redman would clear the logjam of players at RB. Getting MJD would also mean we don't need to spend big money to replace Mendy at the end of the season. Good things all around.
    Straight up trades for players are a thing of the past almost
    Redman hasn't proven himself over a full season so I doubt we'd get anyone better than what we have in the WR Dept.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Do you guys have any concern that MJD's remaining shelf life might be short? Comparatively, Wallace has several more prime years ahead of him and has not peaked his potential.

Mike might be rigid in his demands and stay beyond the Steelers' capacity to accept them. It may be a one-and-done for Mike with the B&G, but there is still the franchise tag and sufficient leverage to produce meaningful return in a trade for draft picks.

MJD's demands might be very steep for the Steelers' pockets, too.

MJD's talents are great, but I am less enthused about the longer term with him. We have a set of capable backs on the roster now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    getting MJD DOES mean spending big money to replace Mendy at the beginning of the season though....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Do you guys have any concern that MJD's remaining shelf life might be short? Comparatively, Wallace has several more prime years ahead of him and has not peaked his potential.

Mike might be rigid in his demands and stay beyond the Steelers' capacity to accept them. It may be a one-and-done for Mike with the B&G, but there is still the franchise tag and sufficient leverage to produce meaningful return in a trade for draft picks.

MJD's demands might be very steep for the Steelers' pockets, too.

MJD's talents are great, but I am less enthused about the longer term with him. We have a set of capable backs on the roster now.
    My concern with Wallace is that he isn't physical, has ok hands, runs ok routes but has stupid speed. He is one high ankle sprain from being a sub average WR.
    Trolls are people too.