Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Big Rumor out of Jacksonville....You heard it here first!!

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,118
    You guys are crazy. I personally would never do this deal assuming we can get Wallace under a contract extension. One MJD isn't going to be cheap and two he has a TON of miles on that small frame. He's not "old" but based on mileage he certainly isn't young.

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Jags fans want Wallace and they need a #1 WR for their young QB.
    Doubt the Steelers would be willing to give him the $$$
    Blackmon is Jax #1 WR. He will prove to be better than Wallace. And Pgh doesn't want to spend top RB $ on a guy who is past his prime. Both players are wanting unfair $. Mojo got his deal 2 years ago and now wants a new one with 2 years left on his current deal. Jax, by the way, is rushing the ball just fine without him. The new owner won't give into Mojo's crap.

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,267
    Agree with Snatch, MJD has been a fantastic player for J'ville but he's past his prime whereas Wallace is about to enter his. I don't see this as a move that the Steelers would make.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

    go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

    Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    You guys are crazy. I personally would never do this deal assuming we can get Wallace under a contract extension. One MJD isn't going to be cheap and two he has a TON of miles on that small frame. He's not "old" but based on mileage he certainly isn't young.
    He is not old, but he is not all that "slippery" either, meaning, he does take a lot of hits each season. Mojo only has a few good seasons left, but will want a giant signing bonus for a new deal. He just got one 2 years ago and already wants another one.

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,556
    MoJo might be short but he's stacked. I would say he's built to take more of a beating than Adrian Peterson.
    MoJo is only 27 and has 4 good seasons left in him. I run the tires right off of him.

    Wallace is entering his prime but I don't see a Long Term Deal for him with the Steelers.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    MoJo might be short but he's stacked. I would say he's built to take more of a beating than Adrian Peterson.
    MoJo is only 27 and has 4 good seasons left in him. I run the tires right off of him.

    Wallace is entering his prime but I don't see a Long Term Deal for him with the Steelers.
    But you do see one with MJD? I'd argue that MJD may command a larger contract than even Wallace. I want nothing to do with MJD and I guarantee if similar were brought up to the Steeler front office they'd laugh it off. Let's not forget that we can almost assure ourselves that the FO is bigger on Mendenhall than the fan base and we have several other capable backs in the system. It's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Snatch98; 08-22-2012 at 08:26 PM.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    Agree with Snatch, MJD has been a fantastic player for J'ville but he's past his prime whereas Wallace is about to enter his. I don't see this as a move that the Steelers would make.
    I agree that we've probably seen the best of him (he's had over 1,000 carries in the last three seasons), but I think in our system--we'd see him still resemble his "prime" years. Think Bettis from the Rams to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Blackmon is Jax #1 WR. He will prove to be better than Wallace. And Pgh doesn't want to spend top RB $ on a guy who is past his prime. Both players are wanting unfair $. Mojo got his deal 2 years ago and now wants a new one with 2 years left on his current deal. Jax, by the way, is rushing the ball just fine without him. The new owner won't give into Mojo's crap.
    Blackmon will not be better than Wallace. I think Blackmon has big bust potential, and Wallace has a lot of potentially strong years ahead of him. He may never be a true #1, but he's a 3-year WR with 2 1,000 yard seasons under his belt already.

  8. #18
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,256
    We got Bettis after his 3rd season in the league (where Wallace is now), not after his 6th season like MJD (the last 3 of which put a bunch of tread on his tires...954 carries and another 130 catches).

    Wallace is younger, has less tread on his tires, is entering his prime rather than leaving it, and in what is now a predominantly passing league plays what is now a more vital position these days in the grand scheme of things.

    And I don't understand how Steeler fans can vilify Wallace for not being in camp (without a signed contract), but prefer a guy who is holding out of camp (with 2 years left on his contract).

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,190
    Max wouldnt do this. They drafted a receiver with a high #1 this year. He'll be their #1 guy
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 08-23-2012 at 07:17 AM.

  10. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,369
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We got Bettis after his 3rd season in the league (where Wallace is now), not after his 6th season like MJD (the last 3 of which put a bunch of tread on his tires...954 carries and another 130 catches).

    Wallace is younger, has less tread on his tires, is entering his prime rather than leaving it, and in what is now a predominantly passing league plays what is now a more vital position these days in the grand scheme of things.

    And I don't understand how Steeler fans can vilify Wallace for not being in camp (without a signed contract), but prefer a guy who is holding out of camp (with 2 years left on his contract).
    We'd vilify MJD even more if he were a Steeler. Who cares what that Jag is doing really.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •