Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What I think a lot of fans are thinking

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    Great points men! I keep wondering if Keenan Lewis with his size would be an option at Safety. We need some depth back there and he could be that safety that can actually cove
    Since Curtis Brown has fallen off a cliff this preseason, our top 3 CB's will have to be Taylor, Lewis, and Allen. Since Lewis will either be starting opposite Ike, or if Cortez wins that job, that would make Lewis the all-important nickel corner in this pass-happy era, so we don't have the luxury of making Keenan a backup safety.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    1. Dwyer is the Steeler's best back.

Not even close. Mendenhall and Redman are way more complete backs than Dwyer.
    I'm starting to drink the Dwyer kool aid. One cut and the Red Sea parts for Moses Dwyer.

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet a lot of fans are wondering, when will we win #7?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    If Donte Hightower becomes a yearly fixture at the NFL Pro-bowl, I'm gonna be pi$$ed... haha- then again, what the hell can a fan do about it anyways.... We clearly are thin at LB...
    And if we drafted Hightower we'd be bitching about Guards. DeCastro > Hightower as far as a team need is concerned.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    And if we drafted Hightower we'd be bitching about Guards. DeCastro > Hightower as far as a team need is concerned.
    DeCastro > Hightower even when team needs are not a consideration.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes to this.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

1. Dwyer is the Steeler's best back.

Not even close. Mendenhall and Redman are way more complete backs than Dwyer.
    Not in the hot/ice tub, they aren't. And if JD can get over being lazy, he would
    be far better than either of those backs. He hits the hole with power and speed,
    not dance around like an idiot. And Redman is nice for a few power rushes, but
    his lack of speed makes him NOT a full time, every down back. He will never last,
    taking shot after shot as a slow moving target.

Starter

User Info Menu

pfelix73 said: "If Donte Hightower becomes a yearly fixture at the NFL Pro-bowl, I'm gonna be pi$$ed... haha- then again, what the hell can a fan do about it anyways.... We clearly are thin at LB..."

Missed most of the 1st half Mon nite. This article might help you get some sleep tonight.

[URL]http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20220822rocky_for_rookies_hightower_jones_meet_res istance/srvc=home&position=also[/URL]

Maybe they wish they had drafted that Nick Foles.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    12. Many fans are starting to realize that our Defensive Line may have more talent and depth than our Linebackers.

LB could be a problem this season if some folks don't get and then stay healthy. That is a major problem for a 3-4 team. We seem to have 8-9 defensive linemen who could be solid NFL players.
    This may be the biggest one.
    As stated, we have question marks with regard to every unit on our D, including this one. But if I had to pick one unit where those questions become answers, I'd pick the D-line. To see Hood emerge, Heyward take a good leap forward, to see McLendon live up to his recent hype, would be BIG. It would help the back units too of course.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I 100% agree. He's going to be great for a good long while and I'd say locking down a potentially elite lineman is a hell of a lot more difficult than locking down a solid LB, especially in our scheme.