Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taylor puts Denver fiasco behind him

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So the past couple of years, we'd have all preferred to put Willie Gay on the opponents #1 guy? In this day and age there is no such thing as a shut down corner; Ike plays well, doesn't get beaten like a rented mule and as much as he talks he doesn't demand Revis Island type money. I'd love to see the stats on how our corners match up against other teams corners. There was on here awhile ago, I'm to lazy to try and find it.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ike's nightmare is coming back to haunt him in about 3 weeks. He better be ready because the QB throwing the ball now is light years better than the last one.
    Suffice it to say that we won't be flooding the box and giving the corners man-on-man responsibilities with no support from their safeties whatsoever...zero coverage will be scrapped for Peyton.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Ike is delusional. Either that or the coaches are, for giving him this kind of assignment. Every time I've seen him try and check a big-time WR, he gets schooled. Yeah, he used to own the Ochocinco's of the world. But when push comes to shove (literally as well as figuratively, in terms of big WRs), he gets schooled. Last year (or maybe the year before, I can't remember): Larry Fitz taught him a lesson. Demaryus, obviously. OBVIOUSLY. Others too. He needs to know his role, and shut his mouth about this "I guard the best WR" nonsense. And the staff needs to not put him in this position.
    Ike does a good job of handling the opponent's best WR...if you can't remember a bunch of times when he was "schooled", then he is doing something right...