Legend

User Info Menu

cool........i guess

Legend

User Info Menu

Source: Wallace to return to Steelers this weekend
    August 21, 2012 12:57 pm
    By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers expect that Mike Wallace will arrive back in Pittsburgh this weekend and sign his one-year contract after they return from their third preseason game in Buffalo, multiple sources told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

The Steelers play Saturday night in Buffalo. Presumably Wallace would be eligible to play in their final preseason game against Carolina Aug. 30 at Heinz Field, but whether he will or not remains unknown. The Steelers have off on Sunday after their game against Buffalo and will have only two real days of practice before they finish up the preseason against the Panthers.

However, reporting this weekend would give the Pro Bowl wide receiver two weeks to practice and prepare for the regular-season opener in Denver Sept. 9. It also could reopen negotiations on a multiple-year deal between Wallace and the Steelers, talks that ended when he did not report for the start of training camp July 25. The Steelers have a long-standing policy of not negotiating contracts once the regular-season begins. So if Wallace signs his one-year tender Sunday or Monday, it would give them less than two weeks to work on a multiple-year deal with him.

Those negotiations had been ongoing after no other team made him a contract offer as a restricted free agent, a period that ended in April. Wallace's rights then reverted back to the Steelers exclusively, but he has not yet signed the one-year tender of $2.742 million they offered him. After Wallace declined to sign it and did not report to camp, the Steelers turned to another wide receiver, Antonio Brown. Their 2011 team MVP agreed to a six-year, $42.5 million contract just two days into training camp.
    [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/source-wallace-to-return-to-steelers-this-weekend-649875/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Still being a jerk. Why wait until this weekend. Is that his last desperate act of defiance?

I still want his talent, but I have lost a lot of respect for Wallace because of this futile little drama he has been playing. Without a doubt I question his judgement and common sense going forward.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Is there a 3 day rule for Wallace? The new street free agents and the PUP list crew had to wait 3 days from when they were signed/activated until the could practice. I've never heard of that applying to holdouts, but the timing would make sense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Still being a jerk. Why wait until this weekend. Is that his last desperate act of defiance?

I still want his talent, but I have lost a lot of respect for Wallace because of this futile little drama he has been playing. Without a doubt I question his judgement and common sense going forward.
    a few TD's and all will be forgotten.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    a few TD's and all will be forgotten.

Not until I see him holding a Lombardi over his head after catching the game winning TD. He has just been too much of a jerk through this for no reason at all. He accomplished nothing except falling behind learning the new offense. Sure he didn't get injured but he never did before either and guess what he is coming back to play for exactly the tender that was on the table 6-8 weeks ago...not a penny more.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Mike Wallace to sign contract this weekend, return to team

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace will end his holdout and report to the team this weekend, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

The Steelers play Saturday night in Buffalo against the Bills and play in their final preseason game against the Carolina Panthers Aug. 30 in Pittsburgh.

Wallace had a one-year tender of $2.742 million that the Steelers offered him but Wallace has said he is looking for a long-term deal. While Wallace held out, the Steelers signed wideout Antonio Brown to a six-year, $42.5 million contract.

Wallace made his first Pro Bowl last season after catching 72 passes for 1,193 yards and eight touchdowns.

[URL]http://tracking.si.com/2012/08/21/steelers-mike-wallace-to-sign-contract-return-to-team/?sct=hp_t2_a4[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sounds like more games of cat and mouse to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not until I see him holding a Lombardi over his head after catching the game winning TD.
    Catch the game winning TD in the Super Bowl? That's what he has to do to obtain forgiveness? What if he has a Jerry Rice level performance in the Super Bowl, just to have a John Taylor type come in out of nowhere to catch the game winning score? What if he catches a long bomb at the end of the game but is called down at the 1 yard line, so we run it in for the winning score instead?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.