Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wallace to Report This Weekend

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I don't know that I'd go that far just yet. I'd say that Roddy White & Julio Jones, Greg Jennings & Jordy Nelson, and Hakeem Nicks & Victor Cruz are ahead of Wallace & Brown at this point. There is also potential for Miles Austin & Dez Bryant and Desean Jackson & Jeremy Maclin to reach that level at some point in the future, but they are not there yet (injuries and head cases have held them back). Plus Detroit and Arizona have drafted some young promising WR's recently...if any of them end up being legit wideouts across from Megatron or Fitz, they might enter the conversation in the near future as well.
    Quit hating.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Quit hating.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace will report to Pittsburgh Steelers this weekend

Posted by Ricky Brisse on August 21, 2012

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace informed his teammates that he will show up and sign his restricted free agent tender, according to theNFL.com.

Wallace will still miss the third preseason game on Aug. 25 against Buffalo and may sit out the fourth game. He still needs to learn the new offense put in place by coordinator Todd Haley.

If Wallace signs his tender, he'll earn $2.742 million this season. The Steelers signed Antonio Brown to a five-year, $42.5 million extension while they waited to hear from Wallace.

Wallace recorded 72 catches for 1,193 yards and eight touchdowns for the Steelers last year.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/mike_wallace_plans_to_join_steelers_this_weekend/11515822[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Baffles me that he wouldn't do this sooner IF he wanted time to sign a long term deal. This tells me he's gonna play this contract out and just wanted to avoid injury in camp. Which tells me he's gonna play SCARED all season and hide on the sidelines more than he does now. Get him in camp and make his arse do bull in the ring every day to make up for skipping. Beotch. Stick him on Franchise next year. Noone plays the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    Baffles me that he wouldn't do this sooner IF he wanted time to sign a long term deal. This tells me he's gonna play this contract out and just wanted to avoid injury in camp. Which tells me he's gonna play SCARED all season and hide on the sidelines more than he does now. Get him in camp and make his arse do bull in the ring every day to make up for skipping. Beotch. Stick him on Franchise next year. Noone plays the Steelers.
    I guess I don't get how you read all that into the situation. Why would he not be able to sign a long term deal if he gets in on Saturday? Do you think that they'd be starting from scratch and not use prior negotiating parameters?

Legend

User Info Menu

They'll have 2 weeks to work out a deal that's better than the $2.7 RFA tender...that should be plenty of time. Remember, last year, the team managed to squeeze in an extension for Polamalu the day before the season started.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

sign him, lowball him and then next year franchise him

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post

Good idea for business may be, but also a risk for backlash in team morale, though. I think the Steelers will offer him as generous a contract as they can. If Mike rejects it, as is his prerogative, then they will have at least have treated him fairly in the eyes of the other Steelers. They could franchise him and allow him to negotiate with other teams next spring, then either reasonably match offers or trade him to where he wants to go for a fair value. Ruthless pointed out that they have two weeks to work out a deal, plenty of time. I am hopeful a deal happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    The franchise tag number for a WR likely won't fit under the cap for us next season. But a long term deal, properly structured, will.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

Ruthless pointed out that they have two weeks to work out a deal, plenty of time. I am hopeful a deal happens.
    it will only happen if Wallace lowers his demand to be paid over $11 million/season, it's really all up to him.

are we a better team with Mike Wallace? of course we are...

is Wallace worth over $11 million/season? IMO, no he isn't.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha