Thread: Cordy Glenn named Bills' left tackle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Cordy Glenn named Bills' left tackle

Just some revisionist food for thought about a guy who was getting a lot of chatter from the Steeler faithful.

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8288506/rookie-cordy-glenn-wins-buffalo-bills-starting-left-tackle-job[/url]

Living in Toronto I listen to Buffalo sports radio on occasion. This guy won a battle, was not handed the job by default. So this raises the question of...........

In the long run, what would you be happier with?

Decastro/Adams or Glenn at LT and another available pick such as Osemele/Brooks at OG, Randle/Sanu at WR, Brandon Thompson ahead of Ta'amu in the middle?

Or will you continue to roll the dice with our duo?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, are the Bills the Steelers? Is it easier to start there than here?
    Would you dance with the Steelers front office or the Bills front office?

Ask those questions before you ask the other one.

But Glenn was rated well as a tackle, but not as high as Decastro in terms of 'regardless of position' thinking.
    People are just trying to get 'claim status' for claiming bust on Adams. Just stupid pandering to the crowd. Happens with all camp sensations, potential steals in the draft and potential high pick busts. Nothing new here in forum land.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Just some revisionist food for thought about a guy who was getting a lot of chatter from the Steeler faithful.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8288506/rookie-cordy-glenn-wins-buffalo-bills-starting-left-tackle-job[/URL]

Living in Toronto I listen to Buffalo sports radio on occasion. This guy won a battle, was not handed the job by default. So this raises the question of...........

In the long run, what would you be happier with?

Decastro/Adams or Glenn at LT and another available pick such as Osemele/Brooks at OG, Randle/Sanu at WR, Brandon Thompson ahead of Ta'amu in the middle?

Or will you continue to roll the dice with our duo?
    Glenn has more potential than DeCastro and if he truly ends up being a decent LT, he would have been a better pick. However, DeCastro was a very safe pick and he has All-Pro guard potential. At this point, Glenn looks like a better pick, but we don't have much evidence to go on yet. I'm still very pleased with the way the draft worked out.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

As everyone already knows, I was absolutely overjoyed with the DeCastro pick in round 1. He was my guy in this draft, no questions asked...couldn't believe he fell right into our laps without needing to trade up. At the time, when we reached pick 40 and Glenn was still on the board, I suggested sending our 2nd and 3rd round picks to Carolina to complete our first-two-day draft haul with BOTH DeCastro AND Glenn, two guys many people though we had NO SHOT WHATSOEVER at getting at #24. The numbers worked out perfectly according to the trade value chart (2.40 = 500 pts., 2.56 = 340 pts., 3.86 = 160 pts.). The rebuilding Panthers didn't have a 3rd round pick, so they would be able to recoup a valuable day 2 pick simply by moving down 16 spots in round 2 and getting exact value for their 500 point pick.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with the above sentiment. You knew what you were getting with DeCastro. He might have been the most sure thing in the draft. Glenn is capable of playing a more valuable position but is more of a question mark. Ask this question again in a few seasons.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As in any time travel question, it's hard to discuss this type of hypothetical because decisions then affect other decisions. If we pass on DeCastro, it's likely that the next teams snatch him, someone trades up, etc. and they don't pick the player they picked, which leaves a player for the next team and so on.

The one 2nd round talent I had my eye on was Mychal Kendricks, and if you ask me if I prefer DeCastro/Adams or Glenn/Kendricks... I can't answer. Because then you have to consider the 3rd pick, and so on. DeCastro/Adams/Spence vs. Glenn/Kendricks/? I think Spence is comparable to Kendricks, but I'd have to know if I'm willing to take the 2nd scenario, who our 3rd is.