Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the Adams backers?

Legend

User Info Menu

there are #1 picks on defense that take 2 years to crack the starting line up but you want to bash a 2nd round pick for not looking great in his 2nd pre season game??

i'm no line expert but some of his problems appear to be technique. he's there with his man, but lets the guy get into him and then gets beat by his move from it. he needs to learn to punch that guy and use his body better to shield off the guy.
    not worried yet, as aid above he shouldn't be starting this year anyway

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A young guy with raw talent, with a big learning curve ahead. Glad we have Max for this year. I expect he will do well following experience and good coaching. I'd advocate patience.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No, he hasn't looked like a future hall of famer. He doesn't even look like a second year man but, he is playing probably the hardest position on the offensive line except maybe for center. And I mean a center that can pull and block down field.
    I'm willing to give him the four pre-season games but, if he doesn't do better or show improvement prior to the Denver game then, better put Max in there until the kid gets his stuff together. I do believe he will be a good tackle for us down the road.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure what qualifies someone as a "Adams backer," but after two preseason game in which Adams played hurt in Game #2 I'm not sure that is reason to become a "Adams hater". It was highly unlikely he was going to be able to start at LT this season. How many rookies can? That is why many of us wanted Starks back.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I want to say I told ya so...but even I know 2 preseason games mean little. He is RAW and will need some time. Even with time he might not be anything more than serviceable because he doesn't play with a fire in his belly. Because I love my Steelers I'm grudgingly rooting for him.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I want to say I told ya so...but even I know 2 preseason games mean little. He is RAW and will need some time. Even with time he might not be anything more than serviceable because he doesn't play with a fire in his belly. Because I love my Steelers I'm grudgingly rooting for him.
    This is true. As fans, we are under no obligation to be politically correct, or "supportive", or anything of the sort. There are plenty of us who thought this guy was a waste of a pick (at any point in the draft), and so far--we weren't wrong. Obviously two preseason games means little in the grand scheme... I mean, this is not like the idiots who were calling Bustamalu. Adams was slightly above adequate at the college level. And his problems were above the neck. Those aren't likely to change.

Legend

User Info Menu

Now if you would have started a post talking about how Essex has been blown up like a sex doll after a night of watching strippers I would agree with ya

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    tap the brakes.

its been two preseason games. I still love the pick. What did you expect from a 2nd round draft choice?
    Seriously. Especially when you consider rookies aren't usually year one contributors for the Steelers. Give the dude some time. He'll be what the Steelers drafted him to be.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Phillip Hunt, the Eagle DE who made Adams look silly last week, is doing the same this week against NE, so maybe Adams is not quite as bad as some may think. Also Nick Foles, the rookie QB who looked good against us last week is looking like an All-Pro against the Cheatriots.

Legend

User Info Menu

Also not a line expert but he seems to not be setting himself in the right position. Keep in mind that OSU graduates late and he got to camp later than most. IIRC he was not able to report to OTAs so both he and Decastro are a little behind the curve.