Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the Adams backers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Where are all the Adams backers?

Two preseason games, two "fails".

Hopefully it is a case of a guy thinking too much, but I can't remember the last time I have seen a lineman perform this poorly (outside of Essux). How many believe he will realistically be ready even by midseason?
    Somebody that is knowledgeable about line play please give us some sign that things will be OK. Otherwise we are looking at a 2nd round bust of the magnitude of Alonzo Jackson...
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 08-20-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

tap the brakes.

its been two preseason games. I still love the pick. What did you expect from a 2nd round draft choice?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    tap the brakes.

its been two preseason games. I still love the pick. What did you expect from a 2nd round draft choice?
    something a little better than 4 sacks given up on less than a dozen plays....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

tap the brakes.

Seriously. Especially when you consider rookies aren't usually year one contributors for the Steelers. Give the dude some time. He'll be what the Steelers drafted him to be.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

tap the brakes.

I agree with Eddie. I am a big Mike Adams supporter...so to answer your question..I am right here.

Who ever thought Mike Adams would come right in as the number 56 overall pick in this draft and be ready to go right away isnt too bright. I'd be surprised if he is ready to start all season long. And I will still be glad the Steelers drafted him. I look at him more as the guy next season. He needs some work. But he has the potential to be really special.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I agree with Eddie. I am a big Mike Adams supporter...so to answer your question..I am right here.

Who ever thought Mike Adams would come right in as the number 56 overall pick in this draft and be ready to go right away isnt too bright. I'd be surprised if he is ready to start all season long. And I will still be glad the Steelers drafted him. I look at him more as the guy next season. He needs some work. But he has the potential to be really special.

Agree with you and "Pasta Boy." Adams will be a decent LT like Max Starks. Unlikely he will be a Pro Bowl player but he will be a solid starter. It just won't be this year. Give him a year to learn and get into an NFL conditioning program and he'll be a fine selection in Round 2.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Agree with you and "Pasta Boy." Adams will be a decent LT like Max Starks. Unlikely he will be a Pro Bowl player but he will be a solid starter. It just won't be this year. Give him a year to learn and get into an NFL conditioning program and he'll be a fine selection in Round 2.
    I see Gilbert as more of a Starks comparison. I could see Adams as more of a boom or bust. He seems to have the feet to play LT very well, but he obviously needs a lot of work. Starks never had the quick feet that you see from Adams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I see Gilbert as more of a Starks comparison. I could see Adams as more of a boom or bust. He seems to have the feet to play LT very well, but he obviously needs a lot of work. Starks never had the quick feet that you see from Adams.
    I haven't seen any quick feet from Adams yet. I've just seen them planted in one place as opponents ran around him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Adams is more of an Essex. Both have good feet and look like they should be able to play LT. I think Adams is bigger and stronger and could be fine once Colon helps solidify the left side of the line. But for now, Adams looks like and is kinda playing like Essex.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

eh. Let him get adjusted to the speed of the game.

his run blocking has been above the line from what I can tell. That's something.