Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the Adams backers?

Rookie

User Info Menu

I am a Buckeye fan and I am happy with the Adams pick. While I would prefer that he play better in pass pro, I'm not ready to start dumping on him after two preseason games...just as I am not quite ready to anoint Jason Ford the savior of the Steelers' run game after 6 preseason carries...

Getting both Adams and DeCastro with the picks that the Steelers were able to use without trading additional picks will pay off tremendously over the course of the next few years...

Legend

User Info Menu

Some of what I know after reading the "Planet" after the past two preseason games:

Adams is a bust
    DeCastro is less than advertised
    Adrian Robinson will be better than Harrison, Lloyd and Greene at OLB
    Ford is the next Bus
    Butler is the next Ray Guy
    Robert Golden is really made out of gold and is the next Troy P.
    Gilreath is the next Swann

What I think we really know after the past two games is nothing because they are not real reperesentations of what this team is. They are just auditions. This week will be much more of an indication since they will really gameplan for this and play the starters but even then they will be going at about 80%.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Oviedo;519878]Some of what I know after reading the "Planet" after the past two preseason games:

Adams is a bust Adams was first round talent according to some, who lasted into the 2nd round. Early play says he wasnt even that.
    DeCastro is less than advertised Not sure where you read that, everything I have read he is the second coming of Faneca
    Adrian Robinson will be better than Harrison, Lloyd and Greene at OLB 'will be'...hmm...I like what I see so far.
    Ford is the next Bus no, the quote is the next 'miniBus'.
    Butler is the next Ray Guy
    Robert Golden is really made out of gold and is the next Troy P.
    Gilreath is the next Swann ...against 2nd and 3rd stringers he is a cut above....that makes him worthy of a roster spot.

What I think we really know after the past two games is nothing because they are not real reperesentations of what this team is. They are just auditions. This week will be much more of an indication since they will really gameplan for this and play the starters but even then they will be going at about 80%.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    tap the brakes.

its been two preseason games. I still love the pick. What did you expect from a 2nd round draft choice?
    I agree with Eddie. I am a big Mike Adams supporter...so to answer your question..I am right here.

Who ever thought Mike Adams would come right in as the number 56 overall pick in this draft and be ready to go right away isnt too bright. I'd be surprised if he is ready to start all season long. And I will still be glad the Steelers drafted him. I look at him more as the guy next season. He needs some work. But he has the potential to be really special.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Mike Adams was a great value pick -- he was labeled as a true LT and we got him late in the second round.

I remember people calling Troy Bustamalu for a full season -- and now he's considered one of the best to ever play the position. With Adams I think he just needs time....it's certainly not his fault that the Steelers didn't have a better option than to start (a rookie) at Left Tackle....if you look back at Marvel Smith and Max Starks, they were both given the chance to develop as a RT before taking over the more difficult position.

If the Steelers think he's the best option (instead of vetern Willie Colon, or 2nd year man Gilbert) -- than I'm actually encouraged that Adams has impressed them this much. Hopefully Starks is pointing out how he can improve, but even for Max this will be a new offense.

I believe Adams will be an improvement over the Left Tackles we've recently had -- including Max Starks when it was a matter of "when" he would get injured.....not "if".

L.B.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Two preseason games, two "fails".

Hopefully it is a case of a guy thinking too much, but I can't remember the last time I have seen a lineman perform this poorly (outside of Essux). ..
    You must be too young to recall Jemaine Stephens.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post
    I think Mike Adams was a great value pick -- he was labeled as a true LT and we got him late in the second round.

I remember people calling Troy Bustamalu for a full season -- and now he's considered one of the best to ever play the position. With Adams I think he just needs time....it's certainly not his fault that the Steelers didn't have a better option than to start (a rookie) at Left Tackle....if you look back at Marvel Smith and Max Starks, they were both given the chance to develop as a RT before taking over the more difficult position.

If the Steelers think he's the best option (instead of vetern Willie Colon, or 2nd year man Gilbert) -- than I'm actually encouraged that Adams has impressed them this much. Hopefully Starks is pointing out how he can improve, but even for Max this will be a new offense.

I believe Adams will be an improvement over the Left Tackles we've recently had -- including Max Starks when it was a matter of "when" he would get injured.....not "if".

L.B.

Very well said

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I am a Buckeye fan and I am happy with the Adams pick. While I would prefer that he play better in pass pro, I'm not ready to start dumping on him after two preseason games...just as I am not quite ready to anoint Jason Ford the savior of the Steelers' run game after 6 preseason carries...

Getting both Adams and DeCastro with the picks that the Steelers were able to use without trading additional picks will pay off tremendously over the course of the next few years...
    I dont believe anyone should dump on him for 2 poor preseason games. I do believe Buckeye fans have the same eyes I do, thus could see he has always been inconsistent, and questionable in pass protection...thus shouldn't be high on him.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wasn't it reported that Colbert or Tomlin were actually giddy over drafting him ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Wasn't it reported that Colbert or Tomlin were actually giddy over drafting him ?

Well what the hell do they know about drafting?