Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It is time to let Charlie Batch go!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Charlie's passes had no zip & when flushed from the pocket he seemed panicked. Johnson showed he could gun it in there & was willing to get some yardage when things broke down. There comes a time when age & lack of use come into play & right now it looks like Batch is done.
    That is the Charlie I noticed as well.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We've done this about 4-5 times.
    We are ready to cut Batch or do cut him, then someone gets hurt and he makes the team. The same will hold true this year. No guarantee for him to make the squad, but he's essentially our 4th QB. I'd all but guarantee a similar pattern to before when Dixon was 3rd and Lefty was 2nd. Someone gets hurt, they call Charlie. Nothing new this year for Batch, just different other players. Noone else will pick up Batch and he lives in Pittsburgh....and needs money

Ben
    Lefty
    Jerod
    ------
    Batch on speed dial.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We are not going to develope a QB for the future so, you might as well forget about having some young kid come in here and taking Charlies spot. With the way Byron is with injuries do you really want some unknown rookie or unproven QB to take control of the team if needed ?
    Keep Charlie until the Steelers see another veteran QB get the boot or come up in free agency.
    How many QB's/years did we go through after Terry Bradshaw with trying to win a Super Bowl ? It took a number one draft pick of quality to get you a Super Bowl or best odds of it anyway.
    I hope the Rooney's and the coaches have finally figured out, stop trying to make a silk purse out of sows ear. Keep Batch, Byron and Ben and wait for some vet to lose their job.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    We are not going to develope a QB for the future so, you might as well forget about having some young kid come in here and taking Charlies spot. With the way Byron is with injuries do you really want some unknown rookie or unproven QB to take control of the team if needed ?
    Keep Charlie until the Steelers see another veteran QB get the boot or come up in free agency.
    How many QB's/years did we go through after Terry Bradshaw with trying to win a Super Bowl ? It took a number one draft pick of quality to get you a Super Bowl or best odds of it anyway.
    I hope the Rooney's and the coaches have finally figured out, stop trying to make a silk purse out of sows ear. Keep Batch, Byron and Ben and wait for some vet to lose their job.
    I agree!! I wish we could keep all 4 of them Or, dump Leftwich since he is injury prone?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All four would be nice and I agree too. If Ben had only one backup I would rather it be Batch.

Legend

User Info Menu

All four would be nice and I agree too. If Ben had only one backup I would rather it be Batch.
    Keep Batch as a coach and keep Johnson as a player. Batch's value is his brain not his physical capabilities which are below marginal now at 37. He had a good run. Go out with grace.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I predict Jason Cambell will be our next veteran QB once the Bears show him the door.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I predict Jason Cambell will be our next veteran QB once the Bears show him the door.

I think your on to something. Who did the Steelers have this off season and let him go quickly ? I think he was a raven at one time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jason Campbell showed flashes of being a decent quarterback but he was ruined by the Redskins and by the Raiders. The Redskins are a disaster and will be till Snyder calms down and the Raiders are, well the Raiders. If Campbell came to the Steelers, I would be happy to see it. I always felt bad for him here in DC, at least from a football perspective.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you are asking whether I would rather have Batch or Johnson as my starting QB that is an easy decision for me...Johnson. At least he can move out of the pocket, make some plays with his legs and has a cannon arm. Batch is a statue with a noodle arm who should have retired 3 seasons ago.
    Trolls are people too.