Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With Cuts coming...who impressed tonight?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    And special props to our boy Ike for............CATCHING A BALL THAT HIT HIS HANDS!!!!!!!!!
    Too bad he wasted his annual INT in preseason.

I was actually fairly impressed with Dwyer. Maybe he will finally become the back I had hoped he could become, but I'm not holding my breath.

Despite some nice plays, our Defense has issues.

I actually like what Haley was doing with that little overload or bunch package. He had some interesting runs and also tried to set up some passes out of it. It actually looked like some thought went into running more than just giving it lip service. Hopefully it will ultimately translate into more points in the red zone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And Kemo never looked as bad a Beachum.

Wonder if Koogs is the real problem?
    I hope not, but also don't forget he got rid of Urbik who appears to be a solid starter in Buffalo. Plus he brought in Jon Scott. How'd that work out?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Essex was horrendous. Never saw a lineman so overpowered. If his only strong point is position flexibility then give me inflexibility.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought Gilreath, Robinson (more pressure, even if he is a one trick pony), Ford, Dwyer, and Jerrod Johnson all looked good.

Ta'Amu was too easily pushed out on several plays, Beachum looks awful, CBs Frederick and Curtis Brown were terrible.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I thought Gilreath, Robinson (more pressure, even if he is a one trick pony), Ford, Dwyer, and Jerrod Johnson all looked good.

Ta'Amu was too easily pushed out on several plays, Beachum looks awful, CBs Frederick and Curtis Brown were terrible.
    Brown has been a disappointment. Last year, some of y'all were calling for Brown to be starting opposite Ike, saying things like "he just might be the best CB on the roster." But if not for his ST contributions, I think he'd be in danger of getting cut.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Yea, I agree with you about the defense, on the other hand, Luck looks like the real deal. The Colts may have found lightning in a bottle twice with quarterbacks. As much as I hated to see what Luck did against the defense (1st and 2nd teams), it was good to see a quarterback that comes into the league with some notoriety actually play up to a level that you would expect. I hope he does well.

Pappy
    He's aiight... but I think Lebeau did him a favor by calling off the dogs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Brown has been a disappointment. Last year, some of y'all were calling for Brown to be starting opposite Ike, saying things like "he just might be the best CB on the roster." But if not for his ST contributions, I think he'd be in danger of getting cut.
    Yeah, Brown has been among the most disappointing players to this point of the preseason. If not for his pedigree and special teams ability, combined with the lack of depth behind him, his spot could be in jeopardy, but I think he'll get at least one more year and hopefully show that his coverage ability is better than what we've seen so far.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Golden is the most impressive bubble guy of the preseason.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Yeah, Brown has been among the most disappointing players to this point of the preseason. If not for his pedigree and special teams ability, combined with the lack of depth behind him, his spot could be in jeopardy, but I think he'll get at least one more year and hopefully show that his coverage ability is better than what we've seen so far.

His career has been very Keenan Lewis-eque to this point. Maybe, hopefully, he just needs time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ford looked like a hybrid Bettis/Foster. Very nimble for a tank. Where the hell did we find him?