Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With Cuts coming...who impressed tonight?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Gilreath is a beast... This is why Wallace needs to get his but in camp. I'm not crowning Gilreath but it sure seems like we have a knack for finding WR talent. This kid reminds me of Randle El...
    Not sure I'd call a 169 lb NFLer a beast But he does have a knack for getting open.

But this kid is about 3-4 inches taller and 15-20 lbs lighter than Rainey.

He's a smurf next to most of us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Not sure I'd call a 169 lb NFLer a beast But he does have a knack for getting open.

But this kid is about 3-4 inches taller and 15-20 lbs lighter than Rainey.

He's a smurf next to most of us.
    He must be really light, Rainey weighs in at 178 lbs.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you closed your eyes and listened to the official announce: "Holding.....number 68.....offense.......ten yard penalty, still second down" it brought back so many memories.

Impressed - obiviously Gilreath, I think that he secured the fifth WR job with a combination of him looking good and nobody else showing anything.

Ivy is the almost forgotten guy from last year's TC but he was one of those camp sensations who looked like he could make the team before fading into oblivion on the PS. Maybe he steps in this year.

J. Johnson has shown enough in my eyes to leapfrog Batch to #3. I'll admit to being a long time Batch detractor (it is just time to move on, become a QB coach or something but not an active player) but the kid showed enough poise to tell us that if we are down to our third stringer then let him play.

Disappointed - Beachum got quite the buzz during camp, but he is flaming out miserably

McFadden should be cut after whatever he was trying to do on that sideline reception that turned a 5 yarder into 20 something yards. I can't remember seeing a DB misplay anything that badly......ever.

And special props to our boy Ike for............CATCHING A BALL THAT HIT HIS HANDS!!!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Good writeup here:[URL="http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/8/20/3254963/pittsburgh-steelers-preseason-position-battle-running-backs-jonathan-dwyer-baron-batch-chris-rainey"]

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/8/20/3254963/pittsburgh-steelers-preseason-position-battle-running-backs-jonathan-dwyer-baron-batch-chris-rainey[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't necessarily give that much stock into preseason game performance. This kid showed how plucky he is, but from what I understand, Toney Clemons has potential. I would hate to lose a guy with potential, for a plucky but limited guy.

I was disappointed by the defense, giving up long drives to Indy 1st team. I know it's preseason (and as such--I wonder scheme-wise what/if anything we held back), but to watch Luck drive them right down (after each INT) let some air out of the game to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I don't necessarily give that much stock into preseason game performance. This kid showed how plucky he is, but from what I understand, Toney Clemons has potential. I would hate to lose a guy with potential, for a plucky but limited guy.

I was disappointed by the defense, giving up long drives to Indy 1st team. I know it's preseason (and as such--I wonder scheme-wise what/if anything we held back), but to watch Luck drive them right down (after each INT) let some air out of the game to me.
    Yea, I agree with you about the defense, on the other hand, Luck looks like the real deal. The Colts may have found lightning in a bottle twice with quarterbacks. As much as I hated to see what Luck did against the defense (1st and 2nd teams), it was good to see a quarterback that comes into the league with some notoriety actually play up to a level that you would expect. I hope he does well.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was most impressed by the new running back. I think his name is Jonathan Dwyer.

Okay, Dwyer might not be new but that's the first time I saw him run like an NFL RB. The guy impressed me last night. I hope he keeps it up.

I'm most disappointed in Essex. The guy was a revolving door playing against 3rd stringers. Adams, who wasn't any better, is at least a rookie and hopefully can learn from his mistakes but Essex's time needs to be over. Position flexibility doesn't mean squat if you play all positions badly.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I'm most disappointed in Essex. The guy was a revolving door playing against 3rd stringers. Adams, who wasn't any better, is at least a rookie and hopefully can learn from his mistakes but Essex's time needs to be over. Position flexibility doesn't mean squat if you play all positions badly.
    Essux's best position is Left Out.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I was most impressed by the new running back. I think his name is Jonathan Dwyer.

Okay, Dwyer might not be new but that's the first time I saw him run like an NFL RB. The guy impressed me last night. I hope he keeps it up.

The way Essex and Adams are playing it might be prudent to resign Jon Scott if he is still available. He never looked as bad as those two have.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The way Essex and Adams are playing it might be prudent to resign Jon Scott if he is still available. He never looked as bad as those two have.
    And Kemo never looked as bad a Beachum.

Wonder if Koogs is the real problem?