Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need a safety bad!

We need a safety bad!

Ryan Clark is too slow to be on the field in passing situations. If I had to place a bet, I think Charlie B. could beat him in a race lol.

Hall of Famer
    I think Steelers might draft a Safety in Rd 1 in next draft.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Pro Bowler
    Safety or not, those holes in our pass D are still there...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

I don't think Clark is the problem. But I do agree, we need a safety or 2. Absolutely ZERO depth at the S position.

Personally, I'm sick of having to watch Clark come up and make so many tackles when that should be our LBs.
    <a href="http://www.ticketmonster.com/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Tickets?aid=16567">Get Great Steelers Tickets!</a>

I like Golden...I think he is going to make this team.

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I don't think Clark is the problem. But I do agree, we need a safety or 2. Absolutely ZERO depth at the S position.

Personally, I'm sick of having to watch Clark come up and make so many tackles when that should be our LBs.
    Here's an ALARMING statistic. Clark had more tackles than Chris Carter, Lawrence Timmons, LaMarr Woodley, and Larry Foote COMBINED
    <a href="http://www.ticketmonster.com/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Tickets?aid=16567">Get Great Steelers Tickets!</a>

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post

Our secondary will be exposed as long as we aren't getting to the QB more consistently. The whole defense is predicated on that. Unfortunately, the whole league knows that and takes steps to prevent it from happening.

I'm not worried yet because they are still running pretty vanilla packages, but Lebeau had better rediscover the blitz by more players than just Harrision and Woodley because the league has that figured out.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Not saying that you are wrong, but we talk about how awful the D looks every pre season. I was actually surprised thouh that they did seem to try to bring more pressure than usual for a PS game yet failed.

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I think Steelers might draft a Safety in Rd 1 in next draft.
    Eric Reid LSU.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Eric Reid LSU.
    I highly doubt that Eric Reid will still be available with the 32nd pick in the 1st round